Who we are
IABC/BC is a community designed for communication professionals in BC to network and share knowledge resources. World-wide, IABC is a strategically-oriented organization, and our chapter is aligned with the direction of IABC Canada and our international community. Working in close connection with IABC Canada and IABC International, our chapter strives to be the preferred organization for communication professionals within British Columbia, bringing like-minded individuals together to share and learn from one another.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional value and fulfilling experiences for our volunteers and members, as well as others in the broader local business community, including communications professionals, sponsors, and partners.
IABC/BC Strategy 2015 – 2018
We’re currently in the second year of our 2015-2018 Strategic Plan. What we’ve learned through our summer planning is that our goals continue to resonate. This year we’ll focus on finding more opportunities to involve our members and provide valuable resources to further their professional development and career goals.
Our Brand Attributes
As a brand and as a community, we aim to connect our members and provide them with a friendly, welcoming and supportive network, as well as provide knowledge resources to help them learn and grow.
IABC/BC Strategic Goals and how we will achieve them:
We’ve identified four strategic goals that will focus our efforts and drive our activities over the next couple of years. These strategic goals will enable us to focus the most important areas so that we continue to meet the needs of our members and continue to grow as an organization. Our strategic goals for 2015 – 2018 are to:
- Provide high-value, fulfilling experiences for volunteers by:
- Offering competency-based volunteer roles
- Developing a robust records management system
- Providing recognition and offer the ‘personal touch’
- Offer members valuable experiences by:
- Collecting/using data to identify what members want and develop strategies to meet those needs
- Listening and responding to their feedback
- Providing more value for the dollar
- Be a leader and innovator by:
- Leveraging content from the international IABC community
- Demonstrating best practices across all touch points
- Investing in professional development opportunities
- Connecting with community/industry partners and associations (CPRS/HRMA)
- Sustain and evolve our operational effectiveness by:
- Growing internal operations and communications: Basecamp, Google Drives, archives
- Establishing stronger relationships with the IABC Canada West Region and IABC International Headquarters to dovetail on initiatives
- Developing a strong succession planning strategy
- Maintaining financial stability and growth