On Thursday May 9th, our signature storytelling event will return. In its 7th year since inception, this inspiring evening has become a highlight of the IABC/BC calendar year for many of us. It’s a great chance to hear the entertaining career stories of our fellow communicators.
Leading with lollipop moments
During our careers, we all have the power to inspire and lead others, and we’ll get inspired too. Little events may turn into defining moments that shape our trajectories, viewpoints, or careers. These little events or ‘lollipop moments’ can add up and have a large impact on our lives and, as IABC often demonstrates, we can all dare to lead if we just have a little faith in ourselves. What really matters the most is the little things we do everyday.
So, this year’s theme is:
Lollipop Moments: Stories of Impact + Little Leadership Moments
TedX Toronto Drew Dudley “Leading with Lollipops”
Have you experienced little leadership moments during your career? Maybe someone in your network inspired you to change course, be brave and lead when you didn’t think you could, or perhaps you inspired someone else with little actions that you took like Drew Dudley did? If you’re a local professional communicator with an authentic five-minute “lollipop” story to share then we want to hear from you by end of day Friday, March 29.
We’re looking for:
- The title of your story with a 100 word pitch
- Two references who can speak to your public speaking ability or a video of a past presentation
- You must be available to attend the event on Thursday, May 9th
- Your story should be no longer than 5 minutes long
- You are not required to be an IABC/BC member to tell your story, but it may be a factor in the selection process.
- A recent headshot that we can include in promotions such as on the website event page
- A short bio for use on online channels and the printed program
- The theme tune you’d want us to play as your intro music.
How to apply:
Please send your speaker submissions to: PDevents@iabc.bc.ca
For inspiration, check out our speaker videos from previous events.