Employment Opportunity – Permanent Full-time
The College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC) protects the public by regulating the conduct and competence of 10,000 dentists, dental therapists, and certified dental assistants.
About the Position
This position looks after all of CDSBC’s digital channels, including the website, e-newsletters, and social media. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Communications as one of four members of the communications team.
You enjoy the challenge of creating communications pieces that provide value to an audience. You are the keeper of the brand guidelines, and you ensure consistency of voice and visual presence online and in print. You have the design savvy and the project management skills to take any communications project from start to finish, whether that means print or online.
- Maintain the CDSBC website and develop content as required
- Develop content for presentations and courses delivered in-person and online to registrants and stakeholders
- Write, design, and distribute print and electronic communications (newsletters, policy documents, reports, etc.)
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure effective and timely delivery of all communications collateral/pieces
- Monitor communications email inbox and respond to routine inquiries from registrants, media and members of the public
- Coordinate content and production of the annual report and similar publications
- Build upon the College’s existing social media program and develop social media content
- Assist in media monitoring activities, tracking media relating to professional regulation
- Provide back-up for the reception desk (approximately seven hours per month)
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree or diploma in communications, graphic design, or similar field
- Minimum 12 months’ related experience, preferably in a non-profit, government, academic or regulatory environment
- Experience with email marketing software
- Experience using content management systems to maintain websites
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Solid understanding of principles of print production, graphic design, presentation software, and research
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to build relationships with teammates, leaders and colleagues
- Detail-oriented, with superior organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable working in a complex and sensitive environment where a commitment to confidentiality is essential
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities without losing sight of long-term objectives and deadlines
- Ability to positively contribute both as a team member and independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with document management software such as SharePoint would be an asset
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a Group RRSP, monthly transit pass, extended health and dental benefits.
Hours of Work
35 hours per week, from 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility is required as hours may vary occasionally to support special events and meetings.
CDSBC’s culture is one of collaboration, cooperation, respect, learning, and growth. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Thursday, 30 March 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.