Looking to share your skills and expertise – and give back to the local community? Our Gift of Communication program gives you an opportunity to do just that.
IABC/BC’s Gift of Communication program brings together IABC/BC members who volunteer in teams on communication projects for local non-profit organizations. This win-win-win opportunity allows our members to make a difference locally, while showcasing the communications profession and its flagship association.
Since 2010, our chapter has supported several local charities such as Ronald McDonald House BC & Yukon, Special Olympics British Columbia and the Salvation Army.
Read case studies:
Join the Gift of Communication program
Once again we’ll recruit teams of communicators to work together on a well-defined communications project for a selected non-profit organization. A winning opportunity for all, the Gift of Communication program is a great way for members to work together and share expertise to benefits agencies that often don’t have dedicated communications support or resources. We build our work teams with members with varying experience – a great way to grow or share your skills!
The program will kick off with a brief training session for all teams, where they’ll learn more about their non-profit project requirements, establish a structure and set their schedule of tasks to complete the work.
We will be recruiting members for the 2018 Gift of Communication program soon – stay tuned for more details! Learn more by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling all non-profits!
Supporting your cause with a ‘Gift of Communication’ from IABC
A team of our members will work with you to create a strategic communications plan for an event, project, announcement or campaign as well as assist in the implementation and evaluation.
Please take a look at the project criteria below and apply online here before October 19. If your application is approved, the team will be available to work with you from early January until May 1, 2019.
Do you meet these criteria?
If your organization meets the following criteria and you would like to be a part of the program, please complete the application form here by October 19.
- Your organization is a registered charity or non-profit association.
- Your organization has a presence in the Lower Mainland, either with headquarters here or as an active chapter of a larger organization. It is important that your team would be available to meet in person with the project team to ensure success.
- You have an event, project, announcement or campaign that will take place before May 1, 2019 that can be part of our team’s communications work.
- Your organization can support the work between January – May 1, 2019.
- You have staff or volunteers who are enthusiastic and willing commit to taking an active role in the project. However, they do not need previous communications experience.
Any questions? Contact us at email@example.com