Looking to share your skills and expertise – and give back to the local community? Our Gift of Communication program gives you an opportunity to do just that.
IABC/BC’s Gift of Communication program brings together IABC/BC members who volunteer in teams on communication projects for local non-profit organizations. This win-win-win opportunity allows our members to make a difference locally, while showcasing the communications profession and its flagship association.
Since 2010, our chapter has supported several local charities such as Ronald McDonald House BC & Yukon, Special Olympics British Columbia and the Salvation Army.
Read case studies:
Volunteer now for Gift of Communication program
A winning opportunity for all, the Gift of Communication program is a great way for members to work together and share expertise to benefit agencies that often don’t have dedicated communications support or resources.
We’ve selected six projects from a diverse range of non-profits organizations:
- Make A Wish Foundation: support for a new fundraising event called the Trailblaze Challenge, a multi-day,outdoor hiking adventure
- Sea Smart School: a student challenge to reduce pollution from plastics
- Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver: campaign strategy to recruit more big brothers
- Vancouver Art Book Fair: event communications plan
- Zajac Ranch for Children: event communications plan
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative: a volunteer recruitment drive
We build our work teams with members with varying experience – a great way to grow or share your skills!
The program will kick off with a brief training session for all teams, where you’ll learn more about your non-profit project requirements, establish a structure and set up a schedule of tasks to complete the work.
Please complete the application form by November 28.
Learn more by contacting us at email@example.com.