Mentorship is an excellent opportunity to learn, share your knowledge, advance your career and meet fellow communicators.
One of the benefits of belonging to a professional association is the opportunity to network with and learn from professionals outside your work. Our mentorship program is designed to bring communicators together to have conversations that drive professional growth in a fun yet confidential manner.
The 2022 Mentorship Program
The 2022 Mentorship Program runs from May to July 2022.
For mentors with 7+ years of experience, the program is an opportunity for you to give back to your profession, share your learnings and help guide your mentee through the ever-changing world of being a professional communicator. Mentoring also counts towards the points you need to maintain/acquire IABC certification. Click here to apply to be a mentor.
For mentees, the program is a wonderful way to learn and grow your knowledge and networks, but also test your theories, set developmental goals, and leverage a community that is dedicated to supporting each other and the profession at large. Click here to apply to be a mentee.
More about the program
- You need to be a current IABC member or volunteer to participate in this program
- Applications open on April 7, 2022 and close on April 30, 2022
- Mentors should have 7+ years experience (mid-level communicator and above)
- You must be able to commit to meeting at least once a month (in-person/virtual) from May to July with your mentee/mentor, however we encourage you to find a schedule that works for you both
Due to the one-on-one relationship of the mentoring matches, the number of mentees accepted into the program will depend on the number and compatibility of the mentors who apply.
We look forward to welcoming you to the program!
“Confidence in this profession comes from many angles but mostly just meeting and chatting to like-minded professionals. The conversations I have had throughout this program have truly shaped the career that I have today.”
– Karen Johnston, Senior Communications Manager, William F. White International.
Get in touch with us at careerdevelopment [at] iabc.bc.ca.
Photo credit: Christina @ wocintechchat.com