Volunteering at IABC/BC is a member benefit that enables you to connect with the Chapter and your fellow members. Check out these opportunities to get involved.
Learn more about volunteering
In addition to the active postings below, we’d be happy to discuss finding a specific volunteer opportunity suited to your particular interests and skills – to learn more, email our VP, Volunteer Services.
- AGM and Wave Awards Event Manager
Posted April 8, 2017
The Wave Awards are IABC/BC’s signature awards program, designed to recognize the people behind the great work in our chapter. Each year, we celebrate communicators who have demonstrated excellence either in their day-to-day work, in their contributions to the chapter, in support of a community cause, or as part of a formal learning program.
Prior to the Wave Awards, we will be hosting our Annual General Meeting. Hear about our chapter’s successes this year, have your say by voting on new business items, and meet your incoming chapter board members.
The Events committee is seeking to fill an Event Manager position – responsible for all aspects of planning, managing and executing the AGM & Wave Awards on June 22 at the Metropolitan Hotel in downtown Vancouver.
- Lower Mainland
- Oversees all aspects of the event including catering, registration, event script/flow, collateral production, and promotions/publicity
- Manages and directs a team of day-of event volunteers
- Manages the event budget, with support from the Director, Special Events & Awards
- Provides regular update reports on the event
- This role is suitable for an intermediate communicator, with prior experience in event management.
- The ideal candidate will be exceptionally organized, and detail-orientated.
- They may have some prior experience managing a team, liaising with vendors and/or overseeing a budget.
- Project Planning will begin in April 2017
- The project duration is two months.
- Time commitment is approximately 4-5 hours per week
- The Event Manager is also required to attend the AGM and Wave Awards on June 22, 2017
- Event planning and execution
- Managing a budget
- Managing a team of day-of volunteers
- Build relationships with some of IABC/BC’s key people
- This position will be open until April 23
- For an application form, or if you have any questions about the role, contact Lydia Tay at email@example.com
- Social Media Manager
Posted March 28, 2017
Are you an enthusiastic digital communicator who crafts creative social media content? Do you love engaging with communities online, and seeing your work go viral? Would you like to gain experience working on fresh campaigns, and with a range of teams? If so, then our Social Media Manager role could be the right fit for you.
This role can be carried out from any location in BC.
The Social Media Manager will work under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, while communicating directly and collaborating with our team of Digital Strategists, as well as other portfolio leads.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the activity on our social channels: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, ensuring that they align with IABC Brand Guidelines and social media best practices, whilst meeting the needs of the chapter leaders.
- Manage requests for social media activity from portfolio leads
- Draft and schedule social posts across all channels
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing & Communications to produce content strategies and tactics for campaigns
- Carry out reviews of our channels and other chapters’ channels to provide recommendations for activities to increase engagement.
- Maintain a social content calendar which reflects changing priorities and timelines.
- Maintain lists of sponsors, influencers, other chapters and IABC Leaders and regularly engage through retweets etc.
This role is for an junior-to-intermediate level communicator with experience in social media and digital marketing/communications strategy. Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and a high attentional to detail. Experience in paid-for social campaigns, social analytics and building online communities would all be assets for this role but they are not essential.
- 8-12 hrs per month
- How to manage multiple campaigns and initiatives across multiple social media channels
- How to prioritize activities based on a wide range of objectives from multiple stakeholders
- Learn and practice leading social media best practices.
- Develop interpersonal skills by collaborating with stakeholders at differing levels
- Be part of a forward thinking digital marketing and operations teams
This position will be open until filled.
If this role is a good fit for you or you’d like to know more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.