Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Communications Coordinator to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division, Corporate Communications Department. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, in this unionized position, you will coordinate the compilation and publication of communications and marketing information and materials for a portfolio of internal clients.
• Develop promotional materials, collect information, conduct interviews, write articles and press releases
• Post corporate documents and communications to social media and the corporate website.
• Lead or collaborate on corporate communications projects and work with in-house or contract staff on text and lay-out of materials such as brochures, newsletters, catalogues and various websites
• Participate in the development of departmental marketing and promotional strategies, policies and procedures
• Prepare plans and promotional details for various corporate events and liaise between community groups and internal contacts on matters related to the event or communication needs
• Perform other related work, as required
• A university degree in Communications or related discipline, plus sound related experience or graduation from a diploma program in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations and related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to coordinate public relations and promotional activities and collect/research information to prepare various types of promotional materials
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
• Sound knowledge of the communication objectives and practices of the organization and of the ToL’s programs and activities
• Digital communications and marketing expertise and experience is an asset, as is your ability to manage your time effectively while coordinating and implementing multiple simultaneous activities
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $32.90 - $38.73 per hour (2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: January 22, 2021
External closing date for this competition: January 28, 2021
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.