The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) represents companies, large and small, that explore for, develop and produce natural gas and oil throughout Canada. CAPP’s member companies produce about 80 per cent of Canada’s natural gas and oil. CAPP's associate members provide a wide range of services that support the upstream oil and natural gas industry. Together CAPP's members and associate members are an important part of a national industry with revenues from oil and natural gas production of about $109 billion a year. CAPP’s mission, on behalf of the Canadian upstream oil and natural gas industry, is to advocate for and enable economic competitiveness and safe, environmentally and socially responsible performance.
CAPP is seeking a citizen engagement and outreach advisor to join a dynamic team of professionals who work throughout Canada and deliver oil sands and natural gas campaigns and activities. The scope of work will include support to oil market access communications and outreach initiatives, and support to communications and outreach initiatives in natural gas production communities.
We are seeking a skilled professional with project and event management experience who will help implement provincial campaign activities. The ability to work within all levels of the organization, identify supporters, build relationships and analyze opportunities is key to success. Experience at organizing and prioritizing events, researching and collecting information to be used for campaign materials, and outreach initiatives is essential. You have familiarity with campaigning, generating excitement and support behind initiatives. We require a self-starter who can identify opportunities to advance CAPP’s campaigns presence and who is comfortable championing CAPP initiatives both on and offline.
This role is a full time contract position, ending December 31, 2020, and is located at our Vancouver, British Columbia (BC) office. This position reports to the manager, strategic communications and has no direct reports.
- Work in tandem with and take day to day direction from the incumbent advisor, citizen engagement and outreach to implement engagement and objectives
- Collaborate with CAPP Communications team, value chain partners, and CAPP member companies to leverage overall engagement strategy and buy-in for identified tactics and activities
- Responsible for engagement related relationship building and maintenance
- Represent CAPP and Citizen Engagement at various events across BC
- Communicate with supporters (proactive and reactive)
- Coordination of events, sponsorships, and engagement related activities in BC.
Qualifications and Experience
- A post-secondary degree in political science, public policy, communications, or public relations
- First-rate communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Relevant work experience; campaigns experience preferred
- Community relations experience and familiarity with energy literacy a strong asset
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Analytical proficiency to determine needs and opportunities and recommend action and response.
- Demonstrated rigor in upholding and improving processes
- Ability to work collaboratively in a regional office with competing priorities while ensuring head office is aligned and looped in
- Ability to prioritize tasks and exercise sound judgment
- Must be eligible to work in Canada legally
- Team player
- Enjoys working independently, quickly and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Personable, persistent, confident and comfortable working with all levels within the organization
- Detail focused and a self-starter
- Travel will be required
- After hours and weekend work may be required
Please send your cover letter and résumé in confidence to email@example.com by December 8, 2019 referencing “Advisor, Citizen Engagement & Outreach” in the subject line. We thank all those who apply; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.