The Associate Director, Communications and Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing the communications and marketing strategy for the Office of the Vice-President, Academic (VPA). Executes the delivery of the academic mission through preparing and disseminating portfolio reports, developing and implementing communication plans for initiatives and activities, preparing high level public strategic documents, and enhancing the office's digital and print presence in the university. The position is responsible for writing, reviewing and editing communications of the Vice-President, Academic including speeches, speaking notes and announcements, and acts as a spokesperson for the VPA office. The Associate Director, Communications & Marketing collaborates on behalf of the office of the Vice President Academic with key stakeholders as well as external groups to advance the SFU Academic brand and other institutional academic priorities. The Associate Director provides strategic advice to the senior administrative team within the Office of the Vice-President, Academic and prepares communications materials and collateral for the Vice-President, Academic and Provost and others.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications and six years of related experience in communications, specifically in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical planning, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the principals and practices of communications, media and public relations.
- Excellent knowledge of current social media and current web design techniques and approaches.
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends and best practices in communications relevant to complex organizations.
- Proficient in the use of current communication and digital media applications, systems, and tools.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to develop effective business processes with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to identify, research, and develop promotional articles and communications materials.
- Ability to write effective communications materials for online and print publication.
- Ability to exercise mature judgement, initiative, and independence in accomplishing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop training materials and tools and facilitate presentations.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, diplomacy, and tact.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Simon Fraser University is recognized as one of the top employers in BC and in Canada. SFU's strategic vision of being Canada’s most engaged university is supported by our ability to attract and retain the best people. SFU staff play a major role in helping the university maintain its unwavering commitment to educational and research excellence.
Apply here: https://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=871