A career with Aviso Wealth means being part of an organization dedicated to your success and career development. It means belonging to a group of talented, energetic professionals who live their values every day. Our amazing people and dynamic culture set Aviso Wealth apart. If you’re looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso has to offer.
We’re looking for a Bilingual Communications Specialist to join our Communications team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications the Bilingual Communications Specialist will support our marketing and communications team. As an experienced writer in English, you will write and edit various communications for internal and external audiences. You will also work with our French translators to ensure that material written in English has been translated effectively into French.
Who you are:
- You take initiative, seeking out and owning opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and our business.
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a keen attention to detail even when under pressure.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, sharing your knowledge with your colleagues, and celebrating success as a team.
- You’re a life-long learner, staying current on market events, industry news, and innovative trends and technologies.
- You believe in sustainable financial strength, and you’re committed to long-term wealth solutions.
- You consider the impact of your actions on your team members, our partners, our clients, and the places where we live and work.
What your day looks like:
Working closely with subject matter experts throughout the organization, the role will be responsible for envisioning, writing and editing a wide range of accurate and engaging content for distribution across multiple channels, including:
- Sales and marketing materials, including online and traditional advertising, sales collateral and presentations
- Web content
- Email marketing initiatives
- Press releases
- Client communications, including website messages, welcome packages and advisor communications
- Internal communications
Your experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as English, Journalism or Communications; additional education in marketing will be considered an asset
- A minimum 5-7 years of full-time experience in communications roles which includes being part of a corporate communications and/or marketing team
- Loves words and creating great copy; ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences, with excellent control of grammar and style
- Excellent editing skills
- Fluency in written and spoken French is a requirement in order to adapt copy (where required) for French audiences as well as provide oversight on copy provided by translators
- Experience developing online content, and familiarity with best practices in writing for search engine optimization
- Experience writing content related to investment management and/or financial services is an asset
- Experience with social media tools within a corporate environment is an asset
- Agency experience or experience working and collaborating with print and digital designers is an asset
- Media relations experience an asset
- Strong business acumen, with insight into consumer behaviour
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with diverse stakeholders
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and creativity
- Thrives in a high-growth, entrepreneurial and professional environment
At Aviso, you’ll find a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success. We offer a competitive compensation package, career enrichment, and regular social events to foster teamwork. Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with over $57 billion in assets. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.