Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with over $57 billion in assets. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.
At Aviso, you’ll find a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success. We offer a competitive compensation package, career enrichment, and regular social events to foster teamwork. In this role, you’ll be a part of a creative, ambitious and fun-loving marketing and communications team.
Our continued growth and development drives the need for a highly collaborative, bilingual (English and French) marketing communications specialist to support our marketing and communications team. An experienced writer in English, you will write and edit various communications for internal and external audiences. You will also work with our French translators to ensure that material written in English has been translated effectively into French.
Working closely with subject matter experts throughout the organization, the role will be responsible for envisioning, writing and editing a wide range of accurate and engaging content for distribution across multiple channels, including:
• Sales and marketing materials, including online and traditional advertising, sales collateral and presentations
• Web content
• Email marketing initiatives
• Press releases
• Client communications, including website messages, welcome packages and advisor communications
• Internal communications
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as English, Journalism or Communications; additional education in marketing will be considered an asset
• A minimum 5-7 years of full-time experience in communications roles which includes being part of a corporate communications and/or marketing team
• Loves words and creating great copy; ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences, with excellent control of grammar and style
• Excellent editing skills
• Fluency in written and spoken French is a requirement in order to adapt copy (where required) for French audiences as well as provide oversight on copy provided by translators
• Experience developing online content, and familiarity with best practices in writing for search engine optimization
• Experience writing content related to investment management and/or financial services is an asset
• Experience with social media tools within a corporate environment is an asset
• Agency experience or experience working and collaborating with print and digital designers is an asset
• Media relations experience an asset
• Strong business acumen, with insight into consumer behaviour
• Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with diverse stakeholders
• Strong verbal communications skills
• Self-starter with strong initiative and creativity
• Thrives in a high-growth, entrepreneurial and professional environment
Location: This position is located in Vancouver (Bentall office).
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
For more company information, please refer to our website at www.aviso.ca