Have you previously “spotted” our officers or high visibility cars in and around Vancouver? Securiguard prides ourselves on our high-visibility guards, our mobile fleet, and our customer-service oriented staff.
We have a full-time position opening for a creative, tech-savvy marketing and communications professional to manage our company-wide brand and communications strategy. Reporting to the VP Strategic Planning, the role of the Brand & Marketing Manager is broken down into two categories: Internal/External Communications and RFP/Proposal Writing within the Securiguard book of Companies. The Brand & Marketing Manager is the primary caretaker of the Securiguard brand and will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects on schedule. The Brand & Marketing Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Company Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: We make people feel safe.
Vision: We will be the best at making people feel safe by inspiring our front line staff to “believe they can make a difference” in everything they do.
Values: Respect, Empathy, Accountability, Courtesy and Honesty.
Internal and External Communications
- Oversee all updates to the company brand strategy and core messaging, ensuring all internal and external communications meet established brand standards.
- Research, develop and implement communication strategies, standards and practices company-wide that elicit the behaviour, emotion and recognition objectives of the company.
- Development of key messages for all audiences to communicate our core brand identity including mission, vision, values and operating methodology.
- Lead agencies and internal team members where appropriate to execute all branding initiatives, communication activities and public relations (marketing materials, advertising, client communications, direct mail, marketing campaigns, press releases, content for trade publications, social media, etc.).
- Develop and provide tools/training to assist department managers in client and employee communications.
- Oversee the copy writing and design for press releases, recruitment brochures/flyers, advertisements, vehicle wraps, signage, and other related marketing materials.
- Manage media relations, research editorial opportunities and build relationships with key industry media.
- Ensures messaging on websites is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure proper messaging of company beliefs and service offerings.
- Provide regular reporting to the VP, Strategic Planning. Will include but not be limited to reporting on the status of prioritized marketing and communication activities. Reporting will be both historical and forward looking.
- Manage Securiguard’s online marketing strategy to engage prospective clients and employees including the posting of website updates, updating SEO and Adwords campaigns, ensuring engagement over social media, writing and distributing e-newsletter updates, and creating and submitting new work paperless proposals.
- Manage Securiguard’s online communication strategy to engage current employees and clients. This includes the posting of website, intranet and client/employee portal updates, ensuring engagement over social media, e-newsletter design and distribution, and assisting corporate trainers on managing content for Securiguard’s online training system.
- Inform and educate head office, field and branch office staff through the creation of monthly Team Meeting presentations. Promote and administer iBelieve Employee Recognition Program.
- Manages the RFP strategy session for bid opportunities.
- Researching client vision/mission and goals for bid customization.
- Creates RFP responses in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
- Writes and edits creative, concise and innovative RFI/RFP documents, ensuring the content is clear, logically written and easy to read.
- Adds creativity and best practices to document design and layout, using industry standard formatting techniques.
- Provides quality assurance/final proof read on external documents for content, consistency, and Securiguard brand image.
- Coordinates all aspects of the proposal process; develops and monitors proposal schedules and follows up with key contributors to ensure their information is submitted on time for inclusion in the proposal.
- Manages all administrative components of proposal preparation including word processing, printing/copying, collating and assembling documents, paper handling and filing
- Manages and maintains the proposal library/database, ensuring it is regularly updated with new and edited content (electronic and hardcopy)
- Track and report on solicited and non-solicited proposal success rates, lessons learned, and dates for RFP re-issue.
- Post Secondary certificate/degree in Marketing, Communications and/or Business Management is an asset.
- Marketing certificate, diploma or degree followed by a minimum of five years of professional services in marketing and communications leadership role.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience in a marketing communication management capacity, including all aspects of project development and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in a corporate environment using major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, MS Office (particularly Word and PowerPoint), and design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Familiarity with project management software, programming languages and web platforms, particularly WordPress, is an asset.
- Keep current on new technologies as they relate to web site and web application development.
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement both strategic programs and supporting tactics.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
Apply online by November 16, 2017.