As a Communications Advisor with Trans Mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a progressive and fast-paced group of Stakeholder Engagement and Communications professionals. This position is based in our Burnaby office. Learn from your Leader, the Manager, External Relations.
- Build trust and credibility with stakeholders through communication and engagement activities while supporting the protection of Trans Mountain’s reputation by engaging with those impacted by and interested in our operations and future plans.
- Analyze communication trends and issues and use this information to support strategic and tactical engagement and communication plans.
- Draft and implement internal materials, records, and reports of local consultation.
- Provide the Manager, External Relations with strategic advice and recommendations related to engagement, communications, and issues management.
- Identify local issues that risk the reputation of Trans Mountain and recommend proposed plans to address issues.
- Draft materials and implement plans for engagement and communication activities
- Engage with stakeholders as a representative for TMC, including governmental bodies (locally elected, non-ministerial) in specific local communities.
- Participate as part of the ICS function as Information Office or Liaison Office staff during crisis.
- Prepare consultation summary reports, as required.
- Provide input and advise on public-facing materials created by other departments
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Engagement or Arts, or a combination or related education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a Communications, Stakeholder Engagement, or Media Strategies role.
- IABC or CPRS professional designation is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding and experience in communications, engagement, media strategies and tactics, and issues management strategies.
- Experience in Graphic design.
- Media relations understanding.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle strict deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
We Build Careers and Pipelines That Last
Our story is about determination, resourcefulness and resilience. It’s about charting our own course, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems and doing the right thing. It was true when Trans Mountain became a company in 1951 and it’s just as true today. We welcome new members to our team that embrace the qualities in our story, that thrive on the new path and directions we take. Our culture is one of care and taking our responsibilities seriously. If you would like to contribute to our culture, then join our journey.
A Rewarding Opportunity. We offer:
- A competitive compensation program.
- A flexible benefits package.
- A pension and a savings plan.
In keeping with Trans Mountain’s commitment to maximize benefits for communities, priority will be given to qualified candidates from Indigenous, local and regional communities along the Trans Mountain existing, and expansion, pipeline corridor.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trans Mountain is committed to supporting diversity and individual differences. The diverse viewpoints and cultural knowledge that our employees bring to work enrich our organization’s collective cultural understanding, which is reflected in the work we do every day. Trans Mountain welcomes new team members from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Apply online at https://jobs.talent.dynamics.com/jobs/transmountain.com/3/383