Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Communications Advisor
Job Number: BCH-R-2349-190916E1
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job Status: Full-time,Permanent
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
The successful candidate:
- Provides direction, expertise and support to business groups on internal communications strategies and tactics.
- Plans and delivers communication plans, strategies and activities for BC Hydro's executive team.
- Prepares speeches and presentations on behalf of executive: Research, write and edit executive speeches, presentations, video messages, and oversee the integration of complementary visuals into these products.
- On behalf of the manager, deals with confidential issues relating to communications and consultation with various stakeholders, including senior executives, and other business groups.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in a communications role, including experience in an advisory capacity.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. We’re looking for an experienced writer with demonstrated competencies in composing, writing and editing communications materials, including newsletters, management reports, speeches and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Ability to work collaboratively and quickly in a large, complex organization. Strong business acumen combined with a fluency in topical news, ideas and culture.
- Knowledgeable of BC Hydro: core business, strategic initiatives and objectives, structure.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by Oct 1st, 2019.
To access the job posting, visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.