To effectively support the Director of Communications & Marketing with BCEMB’s communications and marketing activities. This position will contribute to the building of relationships with producers, associations, community stakeholders and consultants to advance the vision, mission and values of the organization.
The function of this role is critical to the effective coordination of activities and communications within BC Egg. As such, it is essential that the focus be on providing excellent service, superior quality and respectful communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains effective and respectful interaction with co-workers, superiors and other stakeholders to maximize the benefit of healthy relationships and open communication.
- Collaborates with members of the BCEMB staff to achieve organizational goals, providing input as required and being open to feedback from others.
- Contributes to the expansion and maintenance of BCEMB’s communications and marketing objectives.
- Coordinates and edits BCEMB’s e-newsletters and maintains their distribution lists,
- Reviews, edits and formats letters and documents.
- Posts content to various social media outlets (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram),
- Maintain the content of BCEMB’s websites.
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as social bookmarking and commenting, and is well-connected with the broader social media world.
- Monitors trends in social media tools, applications, and appropriately applies that knowledge to increase the use of social media.
- Experiments with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities.
- Measures the impact of social media and overall marketing efforts.
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism.
- Minimum three years’ experience in communications and marketing.
- Exceptional understanding of SEO methodologies.
- Public speaking, presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the BC Agri-food sector an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Advanced level use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Highly organized with a proven ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, problem solve and be attentive to details.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage images and use them on web site, blog or other social channels.
- Design/layout experience and working knowledge of Photoshop, Fireworks or other photo and video editing software.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Expertise in Facebook pages and promotions.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Amanda Brittain, Director of Communication and Marketing. (add the link: email@example.com).