Located at LSS’ Vancouver Regional Centre, this full-time position will produce internal and external communications materials; provide communications assistance on legal aid initiatives and projects, assist with FOI requests, and provide administrative support services to the department.
hourly wage: $24.68-$28.19
Deadline to apply: July 19, 2018
Who We Are
The Legal Services Society provides legal aid to people with low incomes in BC. As a non-profit organization, our goal is to provide legal information, advice, and representation services to some of BC’s most vulnerable and marginalized citizens: those who do not have the financial, educational, social or health resources to effectively access the justice system when their families, freedom, or safety are at risk.
The Ideal Candidate
You have post-secondary education supplemented by diploma in communications, journalism, public relations and two years related experience. An equivalent combination of training, education and experience may be considered. You strive to exceed expectations and are a team player.
In return for your hard work and experience, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary based on your skills and experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Four weeks paid vacation to start that grows the longer you’re with LSS
- An excellent employee benefits package, where premiums are 100% paid by LSS
- A generous pension plan
- Support for training and development
- An Employee and Family Assistance program
- $300 a year towards Employee Wellness programs
- A healthy work/life balance
- Social events where employees are given the opportunity to have fun, relax and network with each other
- Generous leave provisions (sick time, special leaves)
- 13 paid statutory holidays
If you are interested in joining us – visit our careers page for the full job posting at www.lss.bc.ca and apply now!
We would like to thank all external applicants for their interest but regret that only those shortlisted will be contacted. The Legal Services Society is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian Society. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from indigenous people, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities.