We are seeking a communications professional to join our Communications Department as a Communications Coordinator. This position supports all of CDSBC’s print and digital channels, including the website, e-newsletters, and social media. The Communications Coordinator will report to the Manager of Communications as one of four members of the communications team.
You enjoy the challenge of creating communications pieces that provide value to an audience. You are the keeper of the brand guidelines, and you ensure consistency of voice and visual presence online and in print. You have the design savvy and the project management skills to take any communications project from start to finish, whether that means print or online.
The College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC) is the regulatory body for dentists, dental therapists, and certified dental assistants (CDAs) in BC. CDSBC’s mandate is to protect the public by ensuring that dentists, dental therapists and CDAs are registered and qualified to practise, and that they are consistently providing safe and ethical care to their patients.
CDSBC's culture is one of collaboration, cooperation, learning and growth. We are dedicated to creating a positive working environment and a healthy and productive workplace. Our working environment is welcoming, respectful, innovative and rewarding. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package (including RRSP, monthly transit pass, extended health and dental benefits), a professional development allowance, and encourage work-life balance.
CDSBC maintains a commitment to organizational excellence. We are trusted as an organization to act ethically, fairly and with integrity. We are communicative, transparent, objective, impartial and accountable.
- Maintain the CDSBC website and implement structural changes as required
- Collaborate with internal clients, with a focus on the Registration Department, by providing support for ongoing needs (e.g. the annual renewal process)
- Write and edit website copy and advise on website strategy
- Write, design, and distribute print and electronic communications (e.g. e-newsletter, announcements and promotional material)
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar and distribution lists, and track effectiveness of communication channels
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure effective and timely delivery of all communications collateral/pieces
- Monitor communications inbox and respond to routine inquiries from registrants, media and members of the public
- Coordinate the communications aspects of CDSBC’s public consultation initiatives
- Edit and format print and online material in compliance with CDSBC brand/style guidelines
- Assist with the development of content for presentations and courses delivered in person and online to registrants and stakeholders
- Coordinate content and production of the annual report and similar publications
- Build upon the College’s existing social media program, and develop and post social media content to our accounts
- Make recommendations about products or tools that will improve CDSBC's communications strategy
- Support media relations activities, including tracking media content relating to professional regulation
- Provide coverage for other members of the communications team
- Provide reception back-up as required (approximately 7 hours per month)
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree or diploma in communications, marketing or other related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related role, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluency in email marketing/campaign software to distribute and track electronic communications and distribution lists
- Ability to analyze effectiveness of digital communications and recommend enhancements
- Experience using content management systems to maintain websites
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Solid understanding of principles of print production, graphic design, and research
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Ability to maintain tact, grace, and diplomacy in all situations
- Experience using a database or customer relations management system (such as ClickDimensions) is an asset
- Previous work experience in a regulatory, not-for-profit, government, or post-secondary environment would be an asset
If you are seeking a fast-paced work environment as part of a high performing staff team, we invite you to email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until September 4, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.