COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR 1
Temporary Full Time
The City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
Bring your passion, training and experience to this exciting temporary full-time opportunity within our Corporate Communications Division. We are looking for a Communications Coordinator 1 to:
- provide strategic and technical communications advice to other City staff in the delivery of public education and marketing campaigns;
- develop and implement communications plans in support of a variety of City programs and initiatives;
- research, write and edit a variety of media, marketing and public education materials;
- coordinate the design, production and dissemination of promotional and public education materials;
- contribute to the City’s digital communications, including website and social media content;
- collaborate with other staff engaged in communication activities; and
- act as an alternate Information Officer in emergency and crisis situations.
Equipped with a relevant post-secondary education in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations or other related discipline, you also have a minimum of 5 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Our ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of the principles, objectives, methods and techniques of communications work relevant to municipal operations.
Applicants should also have recent experience and proven results in marketing and social media engagement as well as strong writing skills. This position plays a key role in supporting Coquitlam’s Parks, Recreation and Culture Services in the delivery of the marketing materials. Successful candidates will require the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Anticipate a lively and supportive work environment, opportunities for professional growth, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Please apply online by 5 p.m. April 24, 2019 at coquitlam.ca/jobs
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.