Who We Are:
Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
The Communications Coordinator is a key member of the Corporate Affairs team providing support on a wide variety of internal and external communications activities, including social media, special events and content creation that tells Canfor’s story to diverse audiences.
- Write, edit and publish engaging, relevant and timely content for a variety of channels including internal and external newsletters, brochures, presentations, speeches, blogs, Canfor’s intranet, website and digital signage and to support execution of company-wide programs.
- Administer Canfor’s Sponsorship and Donations Program in the US and Canada. Manage the planning and execution of internal and external events, and ensure approved timelines and budgets are met.
- Provide communications and project management support for both the company website and intranet (e.g. create, update, review and add content).
- Implement Canfor’s social media strategy; developing regular content, identifying opportunities, monitoring and responding to issues; and tracking statistics.
- Create, book and publish content for online and print advertisements.
- Field requests for information about the company and its activities received via the website or social media.
- A degree in Communications or a related field such as Journalism or Public Relations experience & specialized knowledge.
- Strong communicator with experience in communications in a corporate environment.
- Experience managing and implementing internal and external events.
- Expertise with social media required.
- Knowledge in HTML considered an asset.
- Ability to follow brand guidelines, with a strong eye for detail.
- Fluent written and verbal communications skills in the English language with proven experience in writing for a variety of audiences in a variety of formats.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and express them in clear language.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively and collaboratively with colleagues across boundaries (business lines and regions).
- Self-starter who is flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes and high client expectations.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
For full details and to apply visit: https://jobs.canfor.com/job/Vancouver-Communications-Coordinator-BC/435955000/