About BC Tech
BC Tech is guided by a vision of a British Columbia that values technology as a positive force for good -for the economy, for society, for our future.
Our Mission is to make BC the best place to grow a tech company–we believe that one day all companies will be tech companies.
Our focus is to grow the number of home grown anchors–the foundation of a strong tech ecosystem.
Our approach is to prioritize for impact, focus on things that move the needle and ground our recommendations and programs in data and research.
Our people are credible, knowledgeable thought leaders who galvanize and animate the community.
We believe technology is a tool for good and we build strong coalitions and partnerships to advance our cause and secure the support and funds needed to deliver our mission.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, you will be part of a tight-knit team that is passionate about creating compelling digital content and delivering high-quality events. This creative and administrative role will support marketing, communications, and policy initiatives by delivering high-quality written materials and coordinating event logistics on tight deadlines. You will be a strong writer, researcher, and editor who is looking to grow your communications toolbox and learn more about the tech industry.
- Maintain BC Tech’s presence on all social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram) by scheduling and creating content across all accounts;
- Support in the production and distribution of all e-blasts, newsletters, and mail-outs;
- Manage planning and logistics for various events and roundtables;
- Conduct research on a variety of communications- and policy-related initiatives;
- Update our website and blog on an as-needed basis;
- Ensure that all promotional materials (and anything external-facing) are aligned with BC Tech’s brand identity;
- Manage incoming inquiries from BC Tech members and the community regarding events, collaboration opportunities, and other marketing-related initiatives;
- Monitor media activity and gather all relevant clippings;
- Support with event marketing and coordination for events such as the TIAs, roundtables, and TechConnect.
Who you are
- You have 1-3 years of relevant work experience or an equivalent of relevant work and volunteer experience. A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or PR is an asset;
- You are an organization wizard! You have no problems managing multiple projects and deadlines and know how to keep on track;
- You have experience in event planning and a solid track record of meeting planning deadlines and a high level of attention to detail;
- Computers do what you say. You are confident with Google Analytics, Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, and MailChimp;
- You’re a natural editor. Typos and grammatical errors are no match for you;
- Bonus: experience in photography
Please submit your application here: https://bctechassociation.recruitee.com/o/communications-coordinator
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.