EFry Vancouver is growing and we’re looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our team in New Westminster. In this varied role, you will work with our Executive Director and Senior Communications Consultant to implement communications and fundraising activities in support of EFry’s mission. Your work will engage both internal and external audiences.
- Support communications activities aimed at engaging donors, volunteers, members, staff, media and clients.
- Manage and drive content for social media platforms, including development and management of social media campaigns.
- Maintain content for EFry’s websites, including sourcing new content and liaising with various service providers.
- Managing a photo library and proactively planning for, coordinating and conducting photography at EFry events throughout the year.
- Developing marketing materials, including driving content creation for newsletters, the annual report and brochures.
- Maintain an archive and library of communications materials.
- Media relations and monitoring.
- Event planning and coordination. Onsite event presence, which may require occasional evening or weekend work.
- Brand management to ensure consistent branding standards are met in all communications materials.
- Manage EFry’s participation in external events and bookings for EFry’s event banners and materials.
- Develop and manage a speaker’s bureau.
- Support with development and editing of funding proposals.
Skills & Experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in communications and/or fundraising.
- Post-secondary education in a related field, with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of public relations.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Strong technical skillset. In addition to the standard Office suite, proficiency with graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop etc.), WordPress, Mail Chimp and social media platforms is an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, be proactive and be comfortable adapting to evolving needs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2019.
Who We Are:
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver (EFry Vancouver) is charitable organization that supports some of society’s most vulnerable populations – women, girls and children at risk, involved in or affected by the justice system. Our more than two dozen programs work to break the cycle of poverty, addiction, mental illness, homelessness and crime. Founded in 1939, the scope of EFry’s services has continued to grow. Today, we employ approximately 150 staff and deliver programs throughout the Lower Mainland with the support of our more than 450 volunteers.