Communications Coordinator - Community Relations
Job ID: 2661
Short Term/Full Time (approximately 1 year)
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for a wide range of communications and community relations activities, with the primary emphasis being on supporting public engagement strategies for major new construction, redevelopment and renovation initiatives; coordinating tenant communications; and assisting with program outreach to increase awareness of BC Housing’s role in developing, protecting and maintaining affordable housing in British Columbia.
Completion of a college diploma in communications.
One to two years directly-related experience in communications or public engagement, including experience coordinating events, working directly with the public and various stakeholders and creating a variety of materials. Some experience in the public sector preferred.
A suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good writing and editing skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with graphic designers, agencies and contractors
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong ability to work with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
Please review the full Job Description prior to applying at www.bchousing.org/careers
To apply for the job please visit www.bchousing.org/careers and submit an application