Are you the next Communications Leader at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)?
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an experienced Communications professional to join the Corporate Communications team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Communications Leader with VCH you will:
- Be accountable for developing, planning and implementing strategic communications on behalf of Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Provide leadership and consultation in all aspects of communications to advance organizational strategic priorities while maintaining and strengthening the health authority’s reputation with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for providing communications leadership for planning and decision-making across VCH and within specific Communities of Care as required, regional networks and numerous corporate initiatives, as well as developing and strengthening core communications competencies among VCH leaders.
- Directly supervise and manage a designated team of staff.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline supplemented with industry-recognized accreditation plus seven to ten (7-10) years of progressive related public relations and change leadership experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of the health care industry and/or public sector experience is a significant asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Makes independent decisions using analytical and problem solving skills while remaining calm, alert and high-functioning in stressful situations.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of complex health care operations, and VCH goals and objectives to deliver strategic communications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with change management.
- Applies and shares strategic knowledge about organizational culture and operational priorities to build partnerships, understanding and advance quality improvement.
- Uses broad knowledge of the social, political and economic environment in the provision of strategic advice to stakeholders across VCH relating to government, community and media communications.
- Applies solid knowledge of best practice business methods to help advance corporate culture, executive communications, executive engagement with frontline staff, corporate business practices and online and in-person communications.
- Uses advanced skills and experience in journalistic and business writing, as well as the skill to develop compelling written and multimedia presentations to target and engage a variety of external and internal stakeholders.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Apply now: http://bit.ly/3aqeWQJ
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.