The BC College of Family Physicians (BCCFP) is seeking a senior level creative and self-motivated Communications Manager who is responsible for the researching, writing, editing and compilation of content for member communications. While this role has responsibility for content and messaging on social media, the focus is largely direct communications with members via eblasts, articles, and member reports, as well as advocacy with provincial stakeholders. Event and annual general meeting communication and reporting are also key responsibilities.
The Communications Manager drives the communication planning and the consistency and professionalism of the BCCFP brand and demonstrates the value of membership by informing, involving, creating interest in our programming, providing advocacy and consistently creating appropriate messaging to support the organization’s mission and goals.
The ideal candidate has a degree in communications and five to seven years of related experience. The successful individual will bring a strong professional presence and results orientation to the role along with a desire to build and maintain relationships; the individual will possess a depth of knowledge in planning, research and technology and a passion for writing. Previous experience managing people, knowledge of or experience with member-based organizations and the health field are assets for this position.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creates an annual communications plan and calendar with timelines, accountabilities and deliverables in line with mission and goals
- Creates a marketing and communications plan for each event
Research, Writing and Editing
- Creates key messages that support organizational strategic priorities
- Researches and writes letters, annual report, briefing notes and backgrounders to raise profile and awareness of the College and the value to Family Physicians
- Manages the website and twitter account ensuring they remain active, up to date and relevant
Committee Coordination and Participation
- Takes minutes and notes of committee meetings
- Provides committee research and writes and edits committee reports and presentations
- Manages or creates or assists with communication, documents and letters for membership
- Manages member communication of events and Annual General Meeting
- Assists with the development of budgets and ensures initiatives operate within budgets
- Promotes and represents the organization in the community, supports and attends events
- Builds strong working and partnering relationships both internal and external
- Flexibility for some evening and weekend support for meetings and events
With respect, collaboration and responsiveness at the core of the BCCFP, we provide leadership, support, advocacy and continuing professional development for more than 5,900 members across the province.
With a salary commensurate with experience and a range beginning at $85,000 and office hours of Monday to Friday, 8:45 – 4:45, the BCCFP offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada. BC College of Family Physicians is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, people of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression; Indigenous peoples; visible minorities and racialized people; and people with disabilities.
Please apply through this posting on the Indeed website
Deadline for applications is November 30, 2019.
Thanks to all who apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.