Are you looking for a meaningful, purpose-led career within a growing organization that is supporting reconciliation? Come work with a passionate team where your contributions matter.
The First Nations Financial Management Board (FMB) is a national organization that supports First Nations in achieving financial standards to improve socioeconomic outcomes for their communities. Since 2006, the FMB has supported over 200 First Nation governments across Canada in developing and strengthening their financial governance practices for increased transparency and accountability.
FMB is committed to our employees, their health & wellness and professional development. We are an inclusive, growing workplace that encourages engagement, diversity, and growth.
FMB is looking for an experienced, innovative individual to join our national team in a new Communications Manager position. This is an opportunity to be part of a committed, passionate company and have the chance to see your work have real impact and make a difference.
As a Communications Manager, you are an expert in your field and keen to contribute to change. This position presents an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic expert to lead the Communications function while developing and implanting FMB’s national communication strategy.
The ideal candidate will have strong strategic and corporate communication skills and excel at client and public relations.
- Leads the development of the communications strategy for FMB, including implementation and evaluation to measure the effectiveness of the strategy;
- Leads the development of all corporate communications materials and acts as key point of contact for external partners to support CEO and executive team;
- Builds and maintains strong community and public relations by attending various events; acting as the spokesperson and trusted liaison for collaboration;
- Responsible for all internal and external messaging in a concise and easy to understand for the targeted audience (plain language);
- Strong understanding of our audience; ability to utilize key demographics to target communications efforts;
- Accountable for the annual budget for the corporate communication function; maintaining quarterly budget reports to ensure communications targets align with vision and mission of the organization;
- Awareness of external partners/business environment and industry news;
- Manages all media relations for the organization, such as responding to media inquiries, issuing media advisories, press releases, organizing press/media events, and pitches proactive coverage;
- Manages and prepares all marketing materials including presentation kits, direct mail, print and web advertising, newsletters, articles, blogs, e-mail campaigns, and internal marketing messages;
- Manages the organization's social media channels, including content development monitoring, issues management and analytics;
- Knowledge of continuous improvement practices and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Bachelors’ degree in, Communications, English, Journalism, or relevant field;
- 5+ years’ experience as a communication, copywriter, or Public Relations;
- Experience working with Indigenous Governments, organizations and communities considered a strong asset;
- Experience in developing and executing strategic communications plans;
- Excellent communicator with a strong command of written and spoken English; French language skills considered an asset;
- Exceptional relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated effective writing skills, content development and editing skills;
- Demonstrated strong understanding of digital and social channels;
- Ability to create visually appealing materials, graphic design skills are considered an asset;
- Working knowledge and experience preparing budgets;
- Effective working skills of Microsoft Suite and Adobe Products;
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
Equivalent or relevant education and/or experience may be considered.
- Conveys information, both verbally and written, with confidence, consistency, and clarity, using active listening techniques to effectively understand provided feedback, summarizing information according to the audience to promote engagement and increase understanding.
- exhibit confidence and professional diplomacy, while effectively relating to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Uses knowledge of the organizational culture in making decisions and perceives the impact and implications of such decisions.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to surroundings and acts accordingly in conversations.
- Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; creates novel solutions to problems; evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems;
- Shows commitment to the organizational vision and strategic goals by acting in accordance to organizational expectations and through having a solid understanding of the internal environment.
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with others internally and externally to the organization; gaining others’ support for ideas, proposals, and solutions;
- Consistently displays professionalism and confidence, creating a positive impression as an individual and representative of FMB.
- This position is based in West Vancouver, British Columbia;
- Current remote working due to COVID;
- Requires national travel (on hold);
What We Offer
- Salary and annual bonus eligibility;
- Flexible 37.5-hour work week
- Employer paid extended benefits;
- Matching group RRSP contributions;
- Annual vacation allowance and generous paid stat & non-stat days;
- Work-life balance;
- Professional development & career growth opportunities.
FMB is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes and celebrates the diversity of all First Nations and people across Canada. We are an inclusive organization that treats all employees equally. As a First Nations Organization, applicants of Indigenous descent are highly encouraged to apply.
Apply at https://fnfmb.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=92