WHAT IS THE JOB?
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, this Communications Officer role will plan and execute a range of communication and stakeholder engagement activities and programs to support the strategic goals of the organization.
This role is a 1-year contract.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides key support for the planning and execution of stakeholder consultation and public relations campaigns to support the delivery of initiatives in the association’s strategic plan.
- Develops messaging and creates communications support materials and collateral for the association’s corporate communication, public relations, and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Manages the association’s social media strategy, including creating content, responding to inquiries, tracking key metrics, and identifying opportunities to make improvements.
- Supports the association’s media relations efforts by tracking media inquiries, identifying key spokespeople, and providing support for media preparation for interviews, drafting key messages, and tracking metrics.
- Identifies media trends relevant to the association. Writes, publishes, and distributes news releases on behalf of the association.
- Manages the operational aspects of the association’s awards program, including the nomination process, promotion, video production, and event organization.
- Provides staff support to relevant association committees as necessary, including meeting preparation, agenda development, minute taking, and other administrative support.
- Participates in the organization and on-site delivery of the Annual Conference and AGM.
- Participates in outreach and engagement event support as needed.
- Participates in the development of budgets for programs supported by this position, including portions of the public relations program and is accountable for managing expenditures within these programs. Negotiates and confirms contracts with service providers independently.
- Works collaboratively with other areas of the business to ensure the effective implementation and application of communication and stakeholder engagement strategies, services and initiatives.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This successful candidate will have:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or another relevant discipline.
- 5–7 years of progressive experience in a communications, public relations, event planning, or related role.
- Experience in stakeholder consultation and research an asset.
The position will require the person to demonstrate they have:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb planning and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness and availability for multi-day, overnight trips and day travel within the Lower Mainland.
WHO ARE WE?
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 34,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. We offer contract employees a compensation package that includes a competitive salary and 8% of wages as pay-in-lieu of group benefits, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to Human Resources at email@example.com