It’s an exciting time at St. Paul’s Foundation. The high-performing Marketing and Communications team is seeking an Officer to play a key role in the campaign for the new St. Paul’s.
You are keen to be part of an organization that’s striving to improve health care in our community. You like working in a fast-paced environment as part of a small team with big aspirations. You are committed to delivering high-quality products and services. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues. You have impeccable interpersonal skills even in challenging, time-sensitive situations. You have a positive outlook in all you do. You look forward to sharing your skills as a communications generalist across the Foundation.
Please note: this is a full-time, temporary contract with an 18-month term, competitive salary, and benefits. Start date: immediate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Foundation’s proposals for prospective donors and priority projects are produced at the highest quality.
- Develop compelling collateral for Foundation-hosted events.
- Provide integrated communications support for the Foundation’s annual gala.
- Oversee the Foundation’s marketing presence within Providence Health Care’s hospitals and long-term care homes.
- Provide social media support as needed.
- Stay abreast of media related to both St. Paul’s and general BC health care stories.
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressively-senior communications experience, preferably in a non-profit or agency environment.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; vigorous attention to detail; self-starter with excellent time- and organizational-management skills.
- Communications, journalism, or bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Adept at project management; confident and calm when managing multiple projects with tight timelines.
- Understanding of graphic design, publishing, branding, and print and digital production principles and best practices.
- Experience with desktop publishing in a communications capacity.
- Well-versed with social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube – in an organizational setting.
- Exceptional computer skills with proficiency in any/all of the following: Microsoft Office, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop.
- Sound judgment and tact; and ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Ethical behaviour, consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s.
- Reports to the Manager, Communications.
- Paul’s Foundation staff in Major Gifts, Events, Annual Giving, and Donor Relations.
- Agency and freelance graphic designers.
- Donors, patients, visitors, and external vendors and partners.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of S. Burgess at SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca by February 21, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Paul’s Foundation. Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
About St. Paul’s Foundation:
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds to support compassionate, inspired care at Providence Health Care’s 17 sites across BC, including St. Paul’s Hospital. The funds we raise help put patients and residents first through a collaborative, integrated approach that includes the best in clinical care, world-class research, and education. With fundraising and strategic partnerships, the Foundation supports Providence Health Care – a founding member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster – to build on its long history of innovation, leading research, and advancements in care for the people of British Columbia and beyond. As we look back on our 125-year history – and forward to our future at the new St. Paul’s – our mission and the support of our community have never been more important. www.helpspauls.com