Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, the Communications Officer supports the Port’s communications, marketing, and media activities.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provides internal and external communication support to ensure the Port’s communications, marketing and media objectives are met.
- Leads and contributes to various communications, marketing and media projects, including collateral design, development, and distribution.
- Researches and develops content to support presentations, advertisements, website and digital content, brochures, and other port communication marketing assets.
- Manages the annual advertising calendar and advertising material development, placement and advertising tracking/reporting.
- Supports the ongoing operation of website and social media tools.
- Supports work with external suppliers to ensure communication products are produced and delivered according to set budgets and timelines.
- Monitors and reports on media coverage of the Port and related issues.
- Tracks and maintains reporting on the effectiveness of the Port’s communications activities.
- Tracks and supports port involvement in presentations, conferences, meetings and community, annual and special events, especially with respect to coordination of presentation material.
- Reviews, manages and updates communications assets and collateral.
- Provides photographic, social media and video coverage for events.
- Develops and manages the image and video library.
- Administrate the development and preparation of presentation and marketing materials.
- Responds to media, general telephone and website inquiries.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with members of the media community.
- Works predominantly in an office environment.
- Regular, full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Regular working hours are Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with 1 hour lunch break.
Post-Secondary Diploma in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Commerce or Commercial Art and Design. An undergraduate degree is an asset.
- 1 to 3 years’ related experience
- Proven experience in supporting successful communications, media relations, events and corporate reputation initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including editing.
- Solid time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to juggle multiple and sometimes competing priorities simultaneously. Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Strong proficiency using a suite of applications; including, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of social media account and platform management and digital marketing tools, in particular Hootsuite, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, YouTube, Flickr, Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, and content management systems and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in working with print, electronic and web-based media, including liaising with advertising representatives and journalists
- Recommends, establishes and helps to maintain the integrity of the organization’s communications standards. Collaborates, supports and shares experience and best practices with communications team and department members.
- Supports the execution of local and regional community and First Nations events.
- Contributes positively and enthusiastically to the goals of the organization and the Communications Team.
- Adept at collection and use of statistical data.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Creative and intuitive thinker, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as be a valuable team player.
- Proficiency with SharePoint, and graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop would be an asset.
- Volunteerism would be an asset.
- Possess valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
Individuals of aboriginal descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in confidence by September 6, 2017 to:
Director, Human Resources
Prince Rupert Port Authority
200 – 215 Cow Bay Road
Prince Rupert, B.C., V8J 1A2
Fax: (250) 627-8980
No telephone inquiries please.