Industry Training Authority of B.C. (ITA) has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual with a passion for marketing and communications.
The Communications Specialist supports ITA and its clients with a broad range of communications functions. The Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing strategic marketing and communications strategies to effectively engage internal and external audiences through various media.
- Creates and edits a broad range of communications including news releases, briefing notes, social media content, blog posts, internal communication and announcements
- Leads collateral material development for various internal stakeholders
- Manages external presentations and creates speaking notes for ITA spokespeople
- Develops internal communications including intranet strategy and content
- Ensures brand consistency in communications and social media messages
- Grows and expands company social media presence and effectiveness on new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Analyzes web and social media, measuring metrics, and key performance indicators to identify successes and improvement opportunities
- Develops and manages email campaigns
- Provides sound marketing communications advice to internal stakeholders to ensure brand standards
- Collaborates with external partners on communication and marketing efforts image, tone and value
- Monitors and responds to external inquiries
- Support other duties within the Communications team as necessary
- A post-secondary education in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- 5 years experience in Communications or PR, or equivalent combination of education and experience considered
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Understanding and application of strategic communication planning principles
- Advanced writing, editing and proofreading skills and previous experience in digital communications writing and social media is required
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships
- Demonstrated ability to commit to high standards of customer service with a wide variety of external and internal stakeholders
- Comfortable to work in a highly sensitive environment while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
- Experience in government relations or public sector is preferred
- Experience working with platforms such as Canva and Figma
- Experience working with Adobe, Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset
Who we are:
The ITA is a crown agency that is responsible for leading and coordinating the skilled trades training and credentialing system for the province. ITA provides strategic leadership, policy support and customer services to help apprentices, employers and industry. ITA sets program standards, maintains credential records and issues the highly regarded Interprovincial Red Seal and B.C. Certificate of Qualifications (C of Q) credentials.
Join ITA and be part of a highly engaged organization that is named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and certified Great Place to Work.
Submit your cover letter and resume by email before August 31 to HumanResources@itabc.ca.