The Insurance Council of British Columbia (“Council”) is the professional regulatory organization that licences and regulates the activities of over 38,000 life and general insurance agents, general insurance salespersons, insurance adjusters, and restricted travel insurance agents in British Columbia.
Why Work For Us?
Work with a great team of diverse, motivated people in a rewarding career that makes a difference. We’re in a downtown location close to skytrain, with plenty of amenities nearby.
*During the current pandemic we have established remote working procedures as well as health and safety policies to minimize exposure.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits with RRSP matching!
What You'll be Doing
The Communications Specialist is responsible for contributing to delivery of the Insurance Council’s corporate communications, governance and stakeholder engagement functions as a member of the Governance and Stakeholder Engagement team.
This position will provide expertise and support for communication to internal and external stakeholders, consultation and engagement activities, and public outreach. This will involve providing input to communication and engagement strategy, planning and execution of communication activities, content creation and review, supporting public/media relations, and hands-on management of distribution channels.
- Works with internal clients/stakeholders to provide communications support and advice for the organization’s regulatory and operational programs and activities.
- Supports public relations and stakeholder engagement programs and activities.
- Develops, reviews and prepares content, materials for effective communication to internal and external audiences.
- Provides support to senior staff and officials for development and delivery of presentations/speaking engagements, and public and stakeholder engagement events/activities.
- Manages website content administration.
- Manages the Insurance Council’s social media accounts.
- Coordinates the preparation and distribution of information via communications channels (email blast, website, etc.)
- Provides support to public and media relations programs
- Supports consistent application of the brand and corporate communication standards by providing support to staff and developing tools and resources
- Provide editorial support, including reviewing documents, reports, and correspondence for consistency, content, grammar, spelling and makes edits as necessary.
- Prepares and coordinates documents for publication, including design and layout.
- Provides research, development, review and prepares content for governance policy documents
- Provides event coordination and support as needed.
- Participates in departmental and program goal setting, strategy discussions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in business communications/marketing and communications.
- Post-secondary education, such as a university degree in communications or a related field, e.g., public relations, marketing.
- Experience in a regulatory/compliance environment is considered an asset.