Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP is a leader in construction and infrastructure, insurance, commercial litigation, real estate and business law. Founded in 1982, with its roots in construction litigation, the Firm has grown to add a full complement of business law services including commercial real estate, construction contracts, estates planning, and corporate commercial.
Singleton Reynolds is looking for a communications professional to join our Marketing Team. We are a professional, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and friendly place to work. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and offer a welcoming environment for all people.
We require someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, who is resourceful, service oriented and deadline-driven. We are looking for someone who is creative, hardworking, detail oriented, a team player and an exceptional writer.
The core functions of the role include the following:
- Develops and maintain the Firm's communications plan.
- Drafts pitches and proposals.
- Writes awards and rankings submissions.
- Leads, implements and delivers social media strategy, including reporting through Google analytics.
- Monitors media and maintains a list of current media contacts as part of the media relations program.
- Drafts and collaborates with senior Firm members on news releases in addition to pitching story ideas and liaises with media.
- Writes content for advertising, marketing materials, invitations & abstracts for client seminars, lawyer bios, speeches, case studies and the website.
- Leads story meetings and coordinates the Firm's blog content.
- Manages and executes projects as assigned by the Manager, Marketing & BD.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree (communications, marketing, journalism).
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience.
- Strong social media and Google analytics experience.
- Intermediate level experience with SEO and online writing for SEO.
- Experience with Adobe Suite an asset but not a prerequisite.
- Experience in professional services is an asset but not a prerequisite.
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional writer.
- Highly motivated self-starter who shows initiative.
- Professional, presentable, and enthusiastic.
- "Can-do" attitude.
- Strong ability to adapt to change.
- Strong ability to produce quality work while paying close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work extended hours (as needed).
To pursue this employment opportunity, candidates are invited to submit their applications to:
Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
Attention: Stephen Hinds
925 West Georgia Street, Suite 1200
Singleton Reynolds is committed to the principle of equality in employment standards and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.