Work Site: Vancouver General Hospital
Status: Temporary Full Time - 12 month term
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a talented Communications Specialist to be part of the dynamic group serving our Vancouver-based Acute Care team, which is responsible for everything from life-saving surgery, emergency care and research, to launching massive capital projects leading to the creation of new health care facilities and services.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, with day-to-day assignment and work flow supervision from the Vancouver Acute Communications Leader, you will be on the front lines of executing internal and external communication and engagement strategies to advance Vancouver-based initiatives, including Vancouver General Hospital’s Operating Room renewal and expansion project. You will have superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and is extremely organized and detail oriented, capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects and client expectations.
- Education or experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations.
- You should be a strong communicator with five (5) years’ recent, related experience.
- Previous experience working in health care or a public sector environment, and/or an agency, is desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with exemplary attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking coupled with the ability to produce effective products and campaigns.
- Demonstrated content planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience with video production.
- Demonstrated solutions-focus, positive attitude, maturity and ability to engage a variety of busy stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate events and forums to advance stakeholder engagement with organizational initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently research, prioritize and assemble details for all aspects of a project or initiative.
- A results-oriented and enthusiastic team player who thrives on new challenges and responds nimbly to new priorities.
- Strong customer service skills to adeptly investigate client needs and negotiate communication solutions that are both cost effective and aligned with stated audience needs.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the willingness to work across individual roles to deliver collaborative communication solutions.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Contributes to a team environment by working efficiently, professionally and in a friendly manner, and establishes and maintains a harmonious working relationship with all colleagues.
- Advanced computer skills in organizational electronic communication technology, publishing and web-based communications. Demonstrated expertise with WordPress, Adobe, InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Sharepoint is desirable.
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 097203-kco.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Applyinstructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.