POSITION PURPOSE SUMMARY:
Are you looking for a rewarding experience while making a contribution to the community? One where social and community service programs focus on nurturing the capacities, skills and strengths of individuals rather than just meeting their needs? You are at the right place! Join “the largest non-governmental direct provider of social services in Canada”, The Salvation Army, at our B.C. Divisional Headquarters as Community Engagement Coordinator, an opportunity that is made for you!
We are looking for a driven individual who thrives in a team, is passionate about community, and loves to take on challenges. As a Community Engagement Coordinator you are responsible for developing and implementing an annual community engagement plan, as it relates to the overall communication strategy. You will plan, direct, monitor and coordinate activities and programs that engage people and communities with The Salvation Army in British Columbia.
In concert with the Divisional Marketing and Communications Manager and Divisional Secretary, Public Relations responsible for developing & implementing an annual community engagement plan.
- Liaise with educational institutions, community groups, social clubs, business improvement agencies and volunteer bureaus to solidify partnerships and community engagement initiatives with The Salvation Army in the Lower Mainland
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers and support staff to assist with internal special events and other activities aligning with opportunities for volunteer engagement: Including developing, reviewing, and maintaining our Volunteer Handbook and Volunteer Job descriptions.
- In concert with the Divisional Marketing and Communications Manager participate in the implementation of the communications plans for events
- Participates in the development of the departmental budget, operates within the approved budget for financial control and ensures optimum utilization of resources.
- Develops and maintains an appropriate record keeping system.
- Public speaking and presentations
- Communication support such as stakeholder correspondence
- Social media engagement
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
The successful job applicant will have a background in one or all of the following areas: project management, communications, event and volunteer management, along with:
- Completion of two or more years of community college in a related field.
- Three years of related experience, including experience coordinating multiple programs.
- Flexibility with schedules because this role may be required to work various shifts (including evenings/weekends)
- Self-starter who can work independently
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training