The community manager works within an award-winning Engagement team. You contribute to the development, and lead the execution and measurement, of the organization’s digital and community strategies to achieve increased public awareness and goodwill across a broad audience. You are curious, connected to the world around you and have a deep love for our oceans. As our social media lead, you implement our community strategy to share ocean stories and actively engage with digital stakeholders. You also work closely with cross-functional teams to provide coaching on best practices and oversee overall community outreach.
Creates and ensures the successful execution of the organization’s community strategy to meaningfully engage supporters and influencers, highlight new experiences and increase brand loyalty by:
- Supporting strategic initiatives to expand community engagement as part of the digital funnel;
- Reaching and engaging digital stakeholders with content published to brand-owned social networks that is on message, compelling and targets stakeholders at the moment they are most receptive;
- Planning, leading and measuring outcomes of social media plans/campaigns – you know it’s more than just eyeballs, we also need ears, mouth and heart;
- Activating, influencing and overseeing the organization’s community presence and convey the spirit of the brand in a manner that creates an engaged digital community;
- Plan and produce stories by leading on conceptual development, scripts, and executing live and pre-recorded video and photo stories across social platforms;
- Collaborate with digital content team to produce social content to share Ocean Wise stories;
- Proactively moderating, monitoring and facilitating actions to inquiries received through social networks;
- Assessing existing social channels and determining expansion of social media platforms as appropriate;
- Providing ongoing coaching to internal teams and managing social platforms for consistency of voice, tone and brand alignment;
- Collaborating with communications, marketing, digital content, and other key program leads to ensure social media activations proactively support annual goals and objectives.
Leads and executes an annual social editorial plan, for @oceanwise and @vanaqua, to share ocean stories and actively engage online stakeholders by:
- Developing and managing the community editorial calendar to plan stories and promotional opportunities;
- Collaborating with program leads to research, create and/or edit captivating content;
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members to suggest story ideas, provide editorial guidance and increase engagement via digital channels;
- Supporting social channels in collaboration with department leads, including @oceanwiselife and @cleanshorelines.
Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of social media campaigns to support marketing and communications strategies by:
- Measuring the impact of social media campaigns against marketing targets;
- Analyzing metrics and results for trends, monitoring social activity and applying best practices to keep the brand at the forefront of the community;
- Capturing, measuring and reporting against key performance metrics.
Contributes to communications, marketing and content strategies that connect stakeholders to the mission by:
- Creating innovative activations through social marketing campaigns;
- Establishing and building community relationships with key influencers through proactive digital strategies and execution;
- Exploring partner opportunities with like-minded organizations to co-brand community activations;
- Developing social media campaigns and activations that encourage the global community to become active participants of conservation programs.
Consciously desires to improve the organization and its processes by:
- Promptly aiding in Emergency protocol;
- Maintaining organizational safety standards;
- Continually improving our impact on the environment and greening of operations through support of EMS protocols;
- Actively demonstrating the organization’s values and expectations for conduct;
- Performing additional duties of a similar nature or level as required.
Education and Experience
- Five to eight years of communications and marketing experience;
- Five years of progressive experience leading social media strategy, programs and campaigns, including a thorough knowledge and demonstrated skills in leading digital platforms;
- Deep experience managing online communities;
- Experience analysing, collating and providing data insights;
- Undergraduate degree in communications or marketing;
- Science writing/marine biology background would be an asset;
- Experience in communications planning, execution and measurement;
- Expert in social media tools, platforms and practices.
- Social media savvy, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, LinkedIn and other digital properties;
- Hands-on team player with excellent people skills;
- Superior organizational ability and time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining highest standards of accuracy and quality;
- Outstanding writing and editing skills with advanced knowledge of Canadian Press style;
- Ability to work with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters.
- Detail oriented and accurate in execution, ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision;
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintains a positive frame of mind and sets an example of professionalism for other employees;
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced level MS Office, Photoshop and related digital tools.
- Flexibility to monitor and respond to social media inquiries/issues in off-hours
- Open office environment with usual ergonomic risks, though may be called on to work in various off-site locations which may include variable weather and working conditions
- May be required to occasionally work in the evening and/or weekend for event(s) and community cultivation
- Role requires the ability to meet timelines and deadlines, and to work under pressure
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Please apply on our website: https://rt11.ultipro.ca/VAN5001/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=971