Families across British Columbia are affected by Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias. The Alzheimer Society of B.C.’s ultimate vision is a world without dementia; that vision begins with a world where people living with the disease are welcomed, acknowledged and included. Working in communities throughout the province, we support, educate and advocate for people with dementia and those who care for them, as well as enabling research into the disease. This Marketing & Communications Coordinator vacancy is an exciting chance to join the movement and make a real difference in the lives of people affected by dementia.
As Marketing & Communications Coordinator, you’ll be part of a team responsible for managing the Society’s reputation and enhancing its visibility. You’ll be responsible for planning and implementing marketing and communications activities across a varied portfolio of projects, all to assist us in achieving our strategic goals. If you are an exceptional and persuasive communicator with strong attention to detail, exemplary analytical and strategic thinking skills, we want you on our team!
- Ensures a coordinated and impactful approach to the Society’s marketing and communications activities.
- Meets with internal clients to review project and departmental objectives, and develops and implements marketing and communications plans to support these objectives.
- Analyzes campaign metrics and articulates recommendations on how to repeat or exceed past successes.
- Monitors graphic identity and consistency of messaging across all public-facing Society materials.
- Leads efforts to mobilize public opinion and increase awareness of the Society’s activities through awareness campaigns and other initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required to meet the needs of the role in relation to organizational goals.
Qualifications and skills
- Post-secondary diploma/degree plus related designations including 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Experience and proficiency with communications planning, media relations, graphic design, desktop publishing is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Ability to write and edit a wide variety of audience-targeted materials.
- Ability to take direction and work independently while being part of a team effort.
- Strong and critical attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS. Familiarity with databases such as Raiser’s Edge would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias is preferred.
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter detailing why you want this position and why you think you’re a great fit. Please also include a business related writing sample (less than 5 pages) as well as an indication of your salary expectation.
Posting closes on: August 28, 2017
Jo-Anne Teal, Human Resources Advisor
Alzheimer Society of B.C.
300 - 828 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1E2
Find out more about us! www.alzheimerbc.org
Thank you for your interest in the work of the Alzheimer Society of B.C.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted directly.