Are you our next Communications Coordinator? Apply today to join the team at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Do you have the skills to uncover real emotions behind the work people do and to showcase information in creative ways that resonate? The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Do you have the skills to uncover real emotions behind the work people do and to showcase information in creative ways that resonate? Reporting to the Communications Director for the CST project; through design, video and multi-media projects the communications coordinator will bring to life stories and data to inspire others and meet communications objectives. The coordinator will work closely with all members of the communications team to provide design, creative and production support and will develop content across all portfolios. The successful applicant naturally enjoys recommending approaches, based on sound design and video principles, and has the proven skills needed to deliver quality work with limited technical guidance. This is an exciting opportunity to communicate with audiences across VCH, PHSA and PHC, and the project, as we deliver one of the biggest health care transformations in Canada - made even more critical due to COVID-19. This person is a strong critical thinker, organized and a flexible team-player.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a relevant discipline such as Visual Communications, that covers both graphic design AND motion graphics or film / media production.
- Experience as a visual communicator with one (1) to three (3) years’ recent, related experience (co-op terms taken into consideration).
- Illustration, studio lighting or music composition skills and on-set experience preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of graphics, layout and design fundamentals (from concept to final production).
- Strong skills in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (Adobe Creative Suite) on a Mac platform.
- Experience producing finished artwork in publication-ready format (e.g. prep, output, prepress, and proofing).
- Experience in DSLR videography, sound recording and Adobe Premiere CC/final Cut Pro or similar software.
- Experience producing motion/still graphics as well as colour grading, compositing sound editing and mixing, and transcoding video assets for distribution across various channels.
- A strong visual storyteller with good attention to detail, who is equally comfortable with the technical aspects of video post-production and motion graphics work (and who stays current on new tools and techniques).
- A strong communicator who collaborates, takes direction well and works autonomously to meet deadlines.
- Solutions-focused, positive attitude and flexible, with the ability to engage a variety of busy stakeholders.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with skill, tact and diplomacy.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, CMS software (e.g. Drupal, SharePoint) and related programs.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.