Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What's the job?
As the Digital Communication Channels Specialist, you will be responsible for helping Coast Capital understand the performance of the internal communications across the organization; while also maintaining and advancing our employee communication channels to ensure we’re utilizing technology to support our business objectives.
You will play an important role in managing our intranet, ranging from day-to-day coordination to website strategy and visioning alongside internal & external partners to ensure this channel is effective in meeting the evolving needs of our employees and business. As a key member of the Communications team, you will gather insights and data to inform content strategy and decisions while spotting opportunities to optimize our communications initiatives over time, ultimately strengthening Coast Capital’s unique culture.
This role will report to Director, Public Affairs & Corporate Communications
What you'll get to do:
- Develop and own the channel strategy for new and existing channel technologies for employee communications, including success measures for channel portfolio.
- Assess and develop audience profile, and create guidelines for employee communications channels based on audience and business needs.
- Promote best-practice guidelines for intranet site-architecture and content including how complex content can be best presented for all-staff consumption.
- Serve as business liaison to ensure business needs are met through development of new and existing channels.
- Support internal partners in the definition of efficient and sustainable digital community strategies and provide advice on best practices.
- Gather and analyze insights and data to inform content priorities, challenges, and long term opportunities.
- Create a consistent and highly visual dashboard, report, process and timeline for team and key internal partners with the information they need to make decisions.
- Ensure clear and consistent metrics are used across campaigns that ladder up to business impact and develop a set of benchmarks that give the context of the metrics
- Use a consistent framework, tools and methods of measurement to track performance and establish a common language and definitions of metrics to enable comparison across campaigns and efforts.
- Provide web usability and content advice to internal business units.
- Work with leader to ensure a strong governance model for myCoast intranet, including possible content management trainings, making recommendations and other Intranet related topics.
- Seek out and oversee the implementation of new ideas, innovations and opportunities to improve user experience across all digital channels, including email, video, Social Media and myCoast intranet.
- Ensure employee communications channel and audience strategy is well understood across the department.
- Develop and maintain overall roadmap for continued evolution of myCoast intranet, including additional enhancements to mobile and other collaboration tools.
- Champion all internal website development work: liaise with cross functional teams on interface design, functional requirements, workflow and technology developments.
- Work with business leads to ensure projects remain within budget and are delivered on time.
- Maintain a training program for myCoast intranet that significantly expands the number of trained users, decreasing training time required, a self-taught module and training resources through the internal Learning Hub.
- Keep up with industry trends and enterprise technology roadmap, identify new channels and develop business case to support investments in new channels.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 4 year of job-related experience, with 1 year of experience working with content management systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or a diploma requiring 3 - 4 years of full-time study.
- Good graphic design skills and use of Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong skills in information architecture, usability best practices and overall user experience.
- Ability to understand and interpret website statistics.
- Solid understanding of project management.
- A self-starter who takes initiative to creatively identify and execute communications opportunities, responds quickly to issues, and recommends solutions.
- Creative and strategic thinking, with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines effectively.
- Demonstrated ability and effectiveness in both oral and written communication, including in-person presentations to groups.
- Effectively cope with change and “shift gears” comfortably.
- Make good decisions in a timely manner based on analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Analyzing complex problems, leveraging multiple sources to create effective solutions.
- Provide direct, positive, actionable feedback to others regardless of level in the organization.
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination, planning and influencing skills.
- Collaborate in building relationships and smart in knowing how to prioritize competing interests and requests.
- Understand how business works, decisions are made, and the competitive environment that our company works within.
- Intranet technology and terminology.
- Knowledge management experience
- Technical training experience.
- Demonstrated enterprise perspective and experience ensuring practices, divisional strategies and tactics align with organizational culture, plans and priorities.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.