Digital Communications Coordinator
Champion the development of a positive culture in Vancouver’s public education system
The Vancouver School District is an exciting and dynamic school district which offers a wide range of opportunities for nearly 50,000 learners from Kindergarten to adult. Our diverse District employs almost 8,000 employees which are represented by 14 bargaining units as well as exempt management staff. The Board has a high-profile stature in the British Columbia K-12 education system.
We are looking for a Digital Communications Coordinator who will work within the communications team and be responsible for a wide range of communications and engagement activities, including digital story-telling, social media and public engagement, internal communications and administrative organizational support.
You are a natural born storyteller and adept at using a variety of mediums to convey a message to diverse audiences. From video to blog posts, tweet ups to infographics and metrics/analytics and evaluation reports, you convey a message that is authentic, engaging and informative. You bring a strong work-ethic and work well within a collaborative, can-do and results-oriented work culture.
The successful candidate will have a college diploma or degree in communications and have at least five years of experience in communications – preferably in a multi-union public sector environment. Your considerable knowledge of strategic communications planning and digital communications will support you in the planning, coordinating, organizing and producing communications collateral and engage various audiences on multiple channels.
Your scrupulous attention to detail will enhance your strong written communication and editing skills, while working under tight deadlines to ensure confidential and sensitive information is handled in an appropriate manner. You possess the ability to juggle multiple priorities while working independently as a member of a team. It is imperative that you maintain a high degree of judgment and discretion in your decision making process.
You are a creative and organized individual who is eager to:
- Find new and innovative opportunities to engage the District’s audiences through brand journalism;
- Develop, measure and refine multi-media campaigns in support of the District’s priorities;
- Curate social media content and support colleagues in website content development; and,
- Collaborate with the communications team and provide support in planning District project and events.
Experience with web based applications, digital engagement tools, social media platforms, content management systems and web analytics are essential. You have extensive familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite as well as strong photography and video production skills. The successful candidate must also be available to work some evenings and weekends. A class 5 driver’s license is an asset.
Apply via makeafuture.ca http://bit.ly/2LB6BR1 by July 15, 2019 by 8:30 a.m. and include a cover letter and resume.
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
- If you do not have a profile on Make a Future please create a profile to apply for management positions.
- Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
- You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.