Job Title: Digital Communications Specialist Job Number: BCH-T-3300-171220E1 Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top
Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It's our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
To provide expert-level online and wireless planning, project management, advice and counsel; to initiate and manage corporate wide digital projects and programs.
- Provides expert level planning and organization for major, multi-faceted communications initiatives such as online and wireless projects and campaigns. Provides consultative advice and assistance to all levels of management, marketing specialists and staff on communication strategies, tactics and corporate policies. Prepares, presents and revises strategic communication plans and tactic-specific creative briefs. Presents creative concepts to clients and receives feedback. Acts as liaison between creative team and clients, maintaining strong relationship and resolving issues as required. Ensures campaigns delivered on time, on budget and within project scope. Conducts review of communication efforts against corporate objectives.
- Negotiates, contracts and coordinates the work of internal/external resources such as advertisers, sponsors, writers, designers, photographers, illustrators, web, mobile and advertising agencies; facilitates, provides direction and clarity to projects and programs requiring digital communications expertise; provides advice and guidance to staff on delivery teams; follows up to expedite delivery of project or program; reviews and approves invoices for contract services prior to managerial sign-off.
- Assesses and guides business group stakeholder work request submissions for adherence to corporate communication standards, impact, design features, cost, technical constraints etc; recommends alternatives to achieve Digital objectives; recommends final submissions for approval; ensures consistency with corporate standards, priorities and strategy; liaises with CIO and ABS on internet-related issues. Supports annual digital/online objectives and budgets and provides background information and justifications for business cases for capital projects.
- Manages a variety of on-going digital communications programs as assigned, such as continuous improvement / web analytics, online contact strategy / newsletter / email program, and social media seeding / monitoring. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- Knowledge of Internet communications and technologies, web design, project management, information architecture, web analytics, budget and time management, usability, team leadership, client relations, internet marketing, web writing, report writing, presentation preparation and delivery, research and analysis, creative direction, organization, and coordination, oral communications techniques and knowledge are typically acquired through: Completion of a communications, business, or technology university degree, diploma, or equivalent experience; additional courses or training in new internet technologies and communications and marketing practices; plus five years of experience involving the concept creation, planning development, delivery, and analysis of digital (web and wireless) marketing and communications initiatives. Experience in online brand management; campaign management interactive content, design and application creation; social marketing and collaboration; real-time feedback and analytics will also be considered.
- Satisfactory performance on this job requires approximately one additional year to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the full scope of the job.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
- This is a one-year Full-Time Temporary opportunity supporting social media, digital content and some internal intranet communications.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a brief writing test as part of the interview process.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by January 09, 2018.