VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation partners with donors to significantly improve specialized health care and research in BC. Last year, our revenue was over $113 million to support Vancouver General Hospital, UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is looking for a Digital Marketing Communications Manager for a 15-month contract. Reporting to the Associate Director, Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for creating and implementing the digital marketing and content strategy to actively engage with the Foundation’s audiences through its digital channels (e.g. website and social media). In collaboration with a variety of internal groups and key stakeholders, the individual will be responsible for strategizing, planning, developing and publishing content that is donor-centric, compelling, and supports fundraising.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and optimizes integrated marketing campaigns;
- Develops content and digital marketing strategies (I.e. SEO, SEM, paid social media)
- Provides strategic direction and ensures integration across web and digital channels;
- Leads digital marketing and website development projects to enhance user experience, lead generation and increase conversion rates;
- Identifies and manages market research projects and analyzes data to effectively inform marketing efforts;
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on the performance of all online programs through web metrics, trends and competitive analysis;
- Participates in the strategic planning and development of all public facing communications, including traditional and digital campaigns, websites, fundraising and large scale events; and
- Project manage production of video assets, including working with external vendors, developing and maintaining project deadlines, creating project briefs and participating in storyboarding, identifying and scheduling interviews, and determining how to optimize video content online
- Ensure the brand standards, messaging and style guidelines are consistent across communication channels.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree and/or post-graduate diploma in marketing, communications and/or digital;
- 5+ years of experience planning and implementing integrated marketing strategies/campaigns;
- Strong digital media experience (website/content development, social media, CRM and online advertising);
- Ability to analyze and interpret data;
- Experience managing external service providers, including video and digital agencies and contractors;
- Previous experience with brand development;
- Self- starter with the ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines;
- A strong team player with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, resourcefulness and creativity;
- Organized and detail oriented;
- A strategic thinker who can effectively collaborate with the MarCom team members, fundraisers and clinical staff;
- Familiarity with the advanced features of Microsoft Office suite of products and knowledge of a donor management system (Raiser’s Edge) preferred. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (including InDesign) is a strong asset.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is preferred. A sense of humour and passion for creating “best in class” MarCom materials is a strong asset.
This is a temporary position with competitive salary and benefits. Start date: Immediate.
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email your resume and cover letter, with “Digital Marketing Communications Manager” in the subject line, by May 8, 2018 to:
Corina Somerville (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
855 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9