Digital Marketing Specialist
Communications and Education
British Columbia Securities Commission
Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) administers the Securities Act. Our mission is to foster fair and efficient capital markets and a competitive securities industry. We are an independent agency accountable to the legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
Are you looking for a new challenge? As the Digital Marketing Specialist, you will design, develop, and measure engaging digital initiatives that educate and inform British Columbians about the B.C. Securities Commission’s mission to inspire investor confidence while supporting fair, efficient, and innovative capital markets. In addition, as a member of the BCSC’s Investor Education team, you will manage organic social and paid digital media, as well as updates and enhancements to the Commission’s investor education website, InvestRight.org. The Digital Marketing Specialist also administers the division’s digital communications plan, and adjusts it throughout the year using analytics and research to make informed decisions. This role also supports various BCSC communications projects, events, and outreach initiatives.
The qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant subject (communications, information systems, marketing, or journalism, etc.)
- A minimum of three years of experience in digital communications or digital marketing role
- Completion of a Google Analytics certification or sufficient experience working with analytics
- Completion of relevant digital advertising certifications, or sufficient experience in digital advertising (Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress, Ektron), HTML, Hootsuite, social media advertising platforms, Adobe Creative Suite applications, and Microsoft Office
- A team player and self-starter, who can work independently and manage multiple assignments
- An adept researcher who is passionate about social and digital marketing
- Strategic thinker who can crunch numbers and surface important analytics developments
- Strong project manager who is attentive to detail
- Willingness to travel, and work outside of BCSC’s operating hours.
Financial services industry experience and/or Canadian Securities Course completion considered an asset.
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, and a competitive compensation package that includes a defined benefit pension plan and four weeks of annual vacation. Visit http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/employment.asp to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by October 1, 2018. Competition 18:132. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.