The Digital Strategist - Intranet is the gatekeeper and lead for the corporate intranet content and is responsible for planning, designing and delivering a variety of intranet platform content assets on behalf of all departments, within the City’s content management system (CMS) to ensure they provide a cohesive, task-oriented user experience across the site; align to departmental and corporate business objectives; protect and enhance the City’s reputation; and, adhere to established quality publishing standards.
The Digital Strategist - Intranet researches, creates, and publishes information for the City’s internal digital platform, SharePoint. This position ensures published digital content is timely and accurate, informative and relevant, engaging, usable and consistent with the City standards and objectives. They coordinate, review, edit and publish intranet material provided by other City staff, in addition to providing publishing training and support. The position requires oversight of all Intranet pages, ensuring consistency across subject areas, relevant departments or processes, and provides guidance to the publishing community to ensure their content meets these requirements.
Some of the duties/responsibilities
- Creates and documents site assets, including intranet page metadata tags (title, key words, and descriptions), maintaining accessibility standards, content matrixes, etc. to ensure continuity in the overall maintenance of site assets.
- Provides web and content strategy and best practices counsel to internal contacts and participates in consultations with key stakeholders.
- Creates content that requires strong writing skills, including writing in plain language
- Communicates content provided by City business units from multiple angles: visually, text-wise and page-wise within the intranet site.
- Manages the development and documentation of standard operating procedures to support the day-to-day needs of the site, working with site resources to ensure adherence to procedures, design and content standards (DSG and CSG), as well as accessibility standards, providing regular reviews and modifications where necessary.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements to User Experience and ensure User Centric approach drives solutions to site interactivity.
- Improves overall website performance (in terms of click through and conversion rates) by leveraging insights gathered from data, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Creates and maintains the standards and taxonomies for the Intranet, recommending changes and improvements and integrates information on the site from across all communication channels.
- And more…
For more information on the other duties and responsibilities as well as the knowledge, skills and abilities and role details, review the job description to apply before December 20, 2020