BCI offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are a significant institutional investor whose investments span the world. Our major clients are pension plans, and the work that we do helps to secure the retirements of hundreds of thousands of people. Our success depends on our high-performing employees. The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of accountability, transparency, integrity, and team cohesiveness. We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
Reporting to the Vice President, Communication (VP), the Director, Client Communication will support the VP and the Senior Vice President, CCS in setting the overall Client Communication strategy and executing the multi-year effort to significantly transform Client Communications’ capabilities.
The Director leads BCI’s client communications, and formulates strategic communications to ensure that BCI’s values are effectively portrayed in all messaging and material.
- A Bachelor’s in communication, public relations, English, business, journalism, or equivalent
- A minimum ten years of communication and issues management experience in the financial or investment sector; preferably a mix of both corporate and consulting backgrounds
- Experience creating operational strategies to support corporate strategy
- An understanding of institutional investing, finance, culture and corresponding client profiles
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of corporate communication practices
- The ability to clearly communicate complex investment issues to diverse audiences
- A proven track record in executing major transformations and/or change management initiatives
- An ability to drive and execute tasks through to completion supported by demonstrated leadership skills
- An ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven and complex environment
- An ability to work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders
Closing Date: June 19, 2018
To learn more about this position and apply, go to https://careers.bci.ca/res_login.html
BCI provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health & wellness plans, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://careers.bci.ca.