The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Elections Communications Coordinator
March 19 – November 2, 2018
Job ID: 2018049
$60,697 - $75,872 Annual Salary
Do you have a passion for Communications and Media Relations? The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Temporary Full-Time Elections Communications Coordinator to support the Chief Election Officer and the Election Manager in evaluating, developing and implementing communication strategies and programs in relation to the 2018 General Local and School Elections. The Communications Coordinator leads the overall delivery of all forms of election-related communications by leveraging best practices in both digital and traditional print forms to provide timely and accurate information to City of Richmond residents and election participants.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Demonstrated writing skills and the ability to draft appropriate public-facing communications for a wide variety of mediums and platforms including social media, internet sites, and traditional print media.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used in election proceedings.
- Ability to provide research, communication assistance and to liaise with related internal and external organizations and election participants.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively listen.
- Completion of a University degree or College program in a related field of study, such as Communications, Marketing or Journalism supplemented by a minimum of two (2) years of related experience in Communications, Marketing or Media is required.
- Knowledge of election proceedings and procedures, in particular, the applicable sections of the Local Government Act, the Richmond Civic Election and Administration Procedure Bylaw and other rules, regulations and policies governing the work performed will be considered an asset.
- Experience in a public sector communications environment will be considered an asset.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment.
The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries, please.