The Institution: College of New Caledonia
The College of New Caledonia (CNC) has been dedicated to helping meet the adult and post-secondary educational needs of northern British Columbians since 1969. Serving an area approximately 117,500 square kilometers in size, or 12% of the province, CNC plays an important role in training and educating students in health sciences, trades and technologies, social services, business and university studies. CNC is a pillar in its communities and has six campuses across BC’s Central Interior – Prince George, Burns Lake, Fort St. James, Mackenzie, Quesnel and Vanderhoof. Across all campuses, 5000 students in 90 distinct programs are enrolled each year.
To learn more, please visit CNC’s website.
The Opportunity: Executive Director, Marketing and Communications
Reporting to the President, and as a member of the Executive Committee, the Executive Director, Marketing and Communications (“ED”) leads and has overall responsibility for the development and supervision of the Communications Services portfolio in a manner consistent with the College’s vision, mission, strategic plans, and goals. The ED collaborates with the Executive leadership, Regional Principals, Deans, Directors, Faculty, Administration, and Staff, while leading and overseeing the development of institutional goals, strategies, and implementation plans to execute comprehensive, strategic and cohesive marketing and communications functions to further enhance and promote the College as a preferred post-secondary destination.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred; a Bachelor’s degree with a combination of additional qualifications may be considered;
- Proven leadership ability, preferably in a unionized setting;
- Significant experience leading marketing and communications;
- Demonstrated media relations skills and abilities;
- Experience in a post-secondary education environment would be an asset but not mandatory;
- Demonstrated community leadership skills and abilities, and articulated management philosophy;
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: James Laing or Tony Kirschner
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422