The Internal Communications Specialist leads internal communications for Mitacs, a not-for-profit organization that fosters growth and innovation in Canada. The successful candidate will align all internal communications with Mitacs’s strategic plan with a focus on increasing employee engagement and facilitating the understanding of corporate direction. The Internal Communications Specialist will help connect 180+ staff at four key Mitacs offices and dozens of remote locations from Victoria to St. John’s.
The Internal Communications Specialist reports to the Manager, Communications, and is an integral member of the communications team.
Self-motivated and proactive, you are an excellent communicator with a track record of professionalism, and initiative. Your strength as a team player balances with your ability to work independently in a fast-paced and flexible environment. You have an entrepreneurial spirit; innovation inspires you.
· Under the supervision of the Manager, Communications, lead internal communications
· Develop and implement communication strategies focused on aligning and engaging colleagues
· Develop communications materials from ideation to final product, including videos, intranet content, and other collateral
· Assess and address barriers to optimizing internal communications
· Craft messages that may be of a delicate nature
· Use employee feedback, metrics, and data to drive communications improvements
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of team processes, operations, and best practices
· Collaborate with internal teams, especially human resources
· Support communications, marketing, human resource, and other teams, as needed
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
· A degree or diploma in communications, journalism or related field with at least five years progressively responsible experience
· Extensive experience in the planning, execution, and evaluation of internal communications
· Experience with employee engagement and change management communications
· High degree of emotional intelligence, including the ability to adapt to different working and communication styles
· Ability to exercise tact and discretion when working with sensitive communications
· Excellent writing, editing, speaking, and presentation skills
· Advanced web and video editing ability and knowledge of related software
· Sophisticated, strategic understanding of social media in a corporate environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver under tight deadlines
· Experience with industry, academic institutes, and/or government funding agencies an asset
· Written and verbal fluency in French an asset
Mitacs fosters a culture where creativity and innovation are valued and encouraged. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a team-based work environment.
Apply online: https://mitacs.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=347