About our team
We are a valued team of storytellers who are a driving force in creating the best possible experience for our patients. Our communications team is integral to our organization. You will work alongside health care providers and research leaders known around the world for treatment, innovation and care. Being a trusted leader regarding highly complex issues and projects will keep you busy.
We are looking for a team leader who will be:
- A savvy member of a large, complex organization – skilled in working in a matrix environment, collaborative in building relationships, and smart in knowing how to prioritize competing interests and requests.
- A self-starter who takes initiative to creatively identify and execute media and social media opportunities, respond quickly to issues, and advise on effective messages, versus awaiting direction.
- A supportive team player who views their role as helping and enabling their colleagues’ success, as much as securing support for their own.
- An effective storyteller who can put our best foot forward in identifying stories and managing issues.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, you are a strategic partner working with leaders and program staff throughout PHSA as well as your communications colleagues to lead several key communications functions:
- Strategic communications planning and issues management for a number of PHSA provincial programs.
- PHSA’s website strategy: you take the lead on developing policies, standards, and best practice guidelines to support web-based properties and practice.
- PHSA’s corporate identity and brand standards
- As a leader within a high performing team, you support the development and implementation of high quality communication plans and materials that improve awareness and understanding of PHSA initiatives and priorities, and support the objectives of the PHSA strategic plan, vision and values.
- Oversee issues notes and proactive communications for a number of provincial PHSA programs and services.
- Ensure overall quality, consistency and effectiveness of PHSA’s complex and diverse website environment by ensuring quality standards are met, liaising with team members to ensure consistency in the writing, editing and production.
- Manage the PHSA website including oversight of the strategies to ensure its usefulness as a tool in achieving objectives including overall design, site analytics, quality assurance and site architecture.
- Identify and support the production of digital, video, web, intranet and social media content, with a particular emphasis on helping to promote program awareness and achievements.
- Provide leadership to staff and team members through coaching, guiding and modeling key behaviours, encouraging dialogue and providing guidance and advice to facilitate resolutions to work issues. Assists team members to define goals, meet target dates and ensure alignment of goals with customer need. Fosters team spirit, trust and mutual respect.
- Lead and mentor a small team of communications officers to develop and ensure best processes and practices.
- Contribute to the overall communications leadership of PHSA in conjunction with other communications staff.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a university degree in communications, journalism or a related field supplemented by seven years of experience in a large, multi-site, unionized environment.
- Demonstrated ability to research and write creative and compelling copy for a variety of applications, including online and print publications. Experience in multi-media storytelling, including social media and video production.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategic communication plans, and to respond to the needs of stakeholders in sensitive situations supported by acute awareness of the impact of actions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislative policy development and processes of various levels of government, ability to meet tight deadlines, work under pressure, and handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Click here to apply on our site: https://bit.ly/2YkBOuH
Status: Temporary Full-time (June 2019 until June 2020)
Location: 1333 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC
Closing date: Until Filled
Reference #: 82866
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.