We’re seeking an experienced communications professional to join our growing team as manager, Corporate Communications primarily serving the communication needs of our Prevention Division.
Our Corporate Communications team works with internal partners to create a line of sight between what we do every day and our larger organizational strategy. We share stories that reflect our values, achievements, and challenges, to help us better understand our business and those we serve. We also strive to inform, involve, and inspire our stakeholders. Our work includes developing communication plans and strategies to support corporate and divisional initiatives; producing WorkSafe Magazine, the annual report, and other publications; and managing our websites.
By joining our team and helping to shape communications with our internal and external stakeholders, you’ll play a key role in the success of WorkSafeBC initiatives that contribute to safer and healthier workplaces across the province.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, you'll join two other managers to provide direct support to specific divisions of WorkSafeBC. Your communications expertise will make you a trusted resource within the organization and a leader and innovator within the Corporate Communications team.
In this role, you’ll lead a team of communication professionals in developing and implementing effective communication strategies and plans, providing advice and guidance to senior leaders, and ensuring that our organization is appropriately positioned, while meeting deadlines and maintaining quality.
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Develop and implement strategic, business, and operational plans to support and achieve organizational goals
- Consult with working groups, managers, directors, and, on occasion, members of the senior executive regarding the development of communication strategies
- Ensure that organizational and divisional policies, procedures, and standards are appropriately implemented
- Work in a fast-paced environment, and deliver on identified tactics in a timely way
- Work independently, collaborating with various stakeholders within and outside of Prevention
- Work on project-based initiatives in a creative and innovative way
- Manage and direct staff in maintaining high levels of service
- Work effectively with our media and government relations team and marketing department to align and integrate our services
Your experience and educational background:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism, publishing, or a related field
- A minimum of six years of experience in communications management, journalism, technical writing, or public relations
- Direct experience leading staff in a high volume and high pressure communications or public relations environment
- Expertise in issues management and community relations
- Knowledge and understanding of change management is highly desired
- Knowledge and understanding of stakeholder relations is an asset
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases do occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers’ compensation system today and for future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.