The Manager, Internal Communications will play a critical role in establishing strategic, campus-wide communications to inform and engage the University's faculty and staff. With an audience of more than 20,000 people, this role will support the delivery of strategic, timely, informative, two-way communication to a diverse range of groups.
Working with the Director, Internal Communications, Managing Director, Communications & Marketing and colleagues from Human Resources, this role supports the planning, development and implementation of University-wide employee communications initiatives, aligned with UBC's vision, brand and strategic organizational priorities. The Manager, Internal Communications is a champion for communicating, with a firm focus on people.
- Works closely with the Director, Internal Communications to develop internal communication strategies that engage employees in the University's organizational priorities.
- Ensures the UBC brand experience and storytelling is connected and relevant across internal communication platforms.
- Develops and implements employee communications and engagement programs, including drafting communications strategies and evaluation reports.
- Ensures two-way communication through the collection and analysis of faculty and staff feedback. Adopts industry best practice to ensure meaningful employee communication and engagement.
- Acts as an internal communications champion, spearheading new and/or improved methods of communicating with faculty and staff (including use of new media platforms).
- Exercises a high level of diplomacy and discretion, and develops strong rapport and relationships with all stakeholder groups, allowing for open and constructive communication and collaboration towards internal communications objectives.
- Develops and writes University-wide materials for both print and electronic media.
- Works with external consultants and contractors as needed, to drive optimal results and ensure value for money.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To learn more about this opportunity, or to apply, please visit: http://staffcareers.ubc.ca/28580