Manager of Marketing and Communications
Full-Time 35 hours/wk
The Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for planning, development, and implementation of the Agency’s marketing and communications strategies both internally and externally. The manager is responsible for developing promotional materials for the Agency and providing oversight and support to the marketing team. The position combines coordinating and managing activities with hands-on marketing and communications activities. The manager works both independently and within a team. The position includes fluctuating workload and busy environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Recruit, hire, orient and supervise positions in the marketing and communications department as required.
- Develops and reviews community relations policies, outcomes and strategies with the leadership, staff and Community Relations Committee to ensure PR activities are congruent with agency priorities.
- Is responsible for planning, directing, and evaluating the activities and calendar related to PR, marketing, and communications.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator and other stakeholders to plan, direct, execute, and evaluate activities and events related to PR, marketing, and communications.
- Employs strategic thinking in planning, developing, and organizing PR, marketing, and communications.
- Provides guidance to the Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Generates media interest within the Agency and ensures regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Oversees the Agency’s social media/digital presence ensuring it is relevant.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a branding style guide to be utilized Agency-wide.
- Develops promotional and fundraising materials in collaboration with Fund Development team.
- Strengthen relationships through communications (electronic, mail/phone) with alumni.
- Assists with agency events as required.
- Participate on Committees as required.
- Collect, research and summarize data from a variety of sources in order to produce reports.
- Other responsibilities as required.
RELEVANT SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must maintain a satisfactory criminal records check;
- Education and Experience:
- A university degree or college diploma in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Minimum 2-3 years of management and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Project management skills are highly recommended
- Demonstrated organizational skills – planning and scheduling while meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Available to work a mutually agreed upon shifts including some evenings/weekends
- Ethics, Integrity, Confidentiality, and Trust
- Accountability and Dependability
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Delegation and Follow up
Closing date is Friday, September 15, 2017
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: HR. Abbotsford Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue. Abbotsford, BC. V2S 3S9
Interested applicants are to reference Posting in the subject line.
No phone calls. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.